DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cutting Bathroom Vanity Top (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/277970-cutting-bathroom-vanity-top.html)

Perry Aynum May 15th 09 11:48 AM

Cutting Bathroom Vanity Top

I need to cut about 3 inches from a BORG vanity top to reduce the width. I
found this link on one way to do it, and was wondering if this will work or
someone has a better way?

I don't really want to invest in some sort of masonry saw.

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/arch...hp/t-3773.html

Thanks for any advice.

RicodJour May 15th 09 02:11 PM

On May 15, 6:48*am, "Perry Aynum" wrote:
I need to cut about 3 inches from a BORG vanity top to reduce the width. *I
found this link on one way to do it, and was wondering if this will work or
someone has a better way?

I don't really want to invest in some sort of masonry saw.

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/arch...hp/t-3773.html

Thanks for any advice.

Can't give advice as I don't understand the situation.

What material is it?

Perry Aynum May 15th 09 07:00 PM

Cutting Bathroom Vanity Top

Thanks for any advice.

Can't give advice as I don't understand the situation.

What material is it?

It is the cultured marble stuff that you buy off the shelf. As I understand
it, it is really an epoxy or acrylic resin.

evodawg May 16th 09 02:37 AM

Perry Aynum wrote:

Thanks for any advice.

Can't give advice as I don't understand the situation.

What material is it?

It is the cultured marble stuff that you buy off the shelf. As I
understand it, it is really an epoxy or acrylic resin.

You could use his method. I'd use a diamond blade on a small 4" angle
grinder. Ive also used a router with a carbide bit.

Ivan Vegvary May 16th 09 07:46 AM

"Perry Aynum" wrote in message
I need to cut about 3 inches from a BORG vanity top to reduce the width. I
found this link on one way to do it, and was wondering if this will work or
someone has a better way?

I don't really want to invest in some sort of masonry saw.

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/arch...hp/t-3773.html

Thanks for any advice.

Just cut a vanity top about 4 months ago. 48" cultured marble 3/4 inches
too wide. Harbor Freight diamond blade for the circular saw (about $6 on
sale) did an easy job of it. I did clamp a straight edge to the bottom of
the vanity and put masking tape on the top to minimize chipping. Wife stood
by with a small dribble of water from the garden hose. Turned out
absolutely professional looking.

Ivan Vegvary