Posted to alt.home.repair

Default washer connection

I am trying to connect a washer. The washer has hot water hose and
cold water hose and a drain. The wall has a hot water faucet, cold
water faucet, drain, and an additional copper pipe 1/2 with no
faucet. What is that additional pipe for? What do I need to do with
it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Philip5malin" wrote:
I am trying to connect a washer. The washer has hot water hose and
cold water hose and a drain. The wall has a hot water faucet, cold
water faucet, drain, and an additional copper pipe 1/2 with no
faucet. What is that additional pipe for? What do I need to do with
it?

Not enough information. Is the pipe laying on the floor? Is it in the
wall? Is it partly in the wall and partly out of the wall? Is it open? Is
it closed?

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 May 2009 09:30:08 -0700 (PDT), Philip5malin
wrote:

I am trying to connect a washer. The washer has hot water hose and
cold water hose and a drain. The wall has a hot water faucet, cold
water faucet, drain, and an additional copper pipe 1/2 with no
faucet. What is that additional pipe for? What do I need to do with
it?

Like my setup? It's for a water softener, particularly if the pipe is
over a drain line.

My softener's discharge drain.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 13, 11:30*am, Philip5malin wrote:
I am trying to connect a washer. The washer has hot water hose and
cold water hose and a drain. The wall has a hot water faucet, cold
water faucet, drain, and an additional copper pipe 1/2 *with no
faucet. *What is that additional pipe for? What do I need to do with
it?

If the additional pipe is connected to a supply pipe , it is an anti-
hammer feature. YOu need to tell us what the additional pipe is
connected to.

Best connection Charlie[_7_] Electronics Repair 5 January 15th 09 03:19 PM
28mm connection - hose connection asalcedo UK diy 0 September 26th 08 07:14 PM
Washer hose connection Jim Home Repair 10 August 9th 07 10:39 AM
abs/pvc connection Steve B Home Repair 1 August 23rd 06 03:23 AM
Power Washer Connection To Mains Supply Stuart UK diy 8 May 25th 04 05:33 PM