Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher Drain

I am installing a new SHE33M02UC Bosch dishwasher in place of our old
Gibson. With the Gibson I used a drain hose about 10' long, made up of a
section of standard "corrugated" plastic dishwasher drain hose added to a
section of smaller diameter hose. I have hooked the new Bosch up to this
drain hose and everything seems to work perfectly. However, the Bosch
installation instructions say the dishwasher should be located so that the
drain hose length will not exceed 92". Later in the instructions they say a
92" length of drain hose is included which can be extended to a maximum of
150." A couple of questions:
- Why the concern about a maximum drain length? Is there a possibility of
too much back pressure maybe damaging pump seals?
- Any ideas what drain hose maximum length Bosch really means should apply
here, 92" or 150"?
- is the corrugated type drain hose extendable by pulling on it?

Thanks,
Mike

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike wrote:

[...]

Sounds a bit confusing but I would try to be somewhere inside those
dimensions. I don't think so, it's corrugated so it will flex and bend, not
stretch. Does it look like it will stretch? Check a small section and pull
lightly and see for yourself. The further you get from the pump the harder
it is on the pump. Don't think it has anything to do with the seals but the
power to pump that far. And remember you usually hookup to the garbage
disposal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 9, 3:46*pm, evodawg wrote:
Mike wrote:
I am installing a new SHE33M02UC Bosch dishwasher in place of our old
Gibson. With the Gibson I used a drain hose about 10' long, made up of a
section of standard "corrugated" plastic dishwasher drain hose added to a
section of smaller diameter hose. I have hooked the new Bosch up to this
drain hose and everything seems to work perfectly. However, the Bosch
installation instructions say the dishwasher should be located so that the
drain hose length will not exceed 92".

Probably because that is what is included with the dishwasher.

Later in the instructions they say
a 92" length of drain hose is included which can be extended to a maximum
of
150." * A couple of questions:
- Why the concern about a maximum drain length? Is there a possibility of
too much back pressure maybe damaging pump seals?

Any pump has limits on how much resistance it can overcome. But
usually the main concern is how HIGH it has to lift the water. As
long as you're going mostly sideways or down, you're obviously safe
per Bosch to over 12 feet. You do have to go up a few feet to either
an air gap or just a high loop, but that is normal and accounted for
in the specs.

How far and in what direction do you actually have to go?

- Any ideas what drain hose maximum length Bosch really means should apply
here, 92" or 150"?
- is the corrugated type drain hose extendable by pulling on it?

Thanks,
Mike

Sounds a bit confusing but I would try to be somewhere inside those
dimensions. I don't think so, it's corrugated so it will flex and bend, not
stretch. Does it look like it will stretch? Check a small section and pull
lightly and see for yourself. The further you get from the pump the harder
it is on the pump. Don't think it has anything to do with the seals but the
power to pump that far. And remember you usually hookup to the garbage
disposal.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.home.repair

The existing drain line is about 10' long with about a 24" loop height built
into it. Overall height of the drain entry point under the sink is about
20" higher than the outlet at the dishwasher. It narrows in a couple of
places as it goes through barbed plastic pipe couplers. However, I know the
Bosch pump empties the tub completely because I can hear the change in the
pump sound once it goes to no load.

Thanks,
Mike

wrote in message
On May 9, 3:46 pm, evodawg wrote:
Mike wrote:
[...]

Will dishwasher drain if sink doesn't drain and garbage disposal is rusted in place. mm Home Repair 2 August 20th 06 03:08 AM
Dishwasher won't drain Zeppo Home Repair 1 April 20th 06 02:44 PM
GE Dishwasher won't drain Jeff Home Repair 1 January 17th 05 01:18 AM
dishwasher drain Bryan Home Repair 4 February 28th 04 04:08 AM
Dishwasher will not drain Mr Harry UK diy 1 December 11th 03 09:02 AM