Posted to alt.home.repair

Default animal noises between floors

Hello all,

We live in a 2-story house in Georgia built on slab and near a wooded
area.

Recently, we called in a pest control company to seal the gaps we had
in fascia/gutters near the roof and in the attic as we heard
scratching noises from squirrels/rats.

Now, they did seal the gutter/fascia gasp and the attic, but still
there are noises coming from above the ceiling of the first floor.

I don't think we have crawlspace in our home. Where could the rodents
be coming from to get in above the 1st floor?

How do we inform the pest company to get rid of them? Already paid
them for sealing work/exclusion work. We do have a 2-year warranty.

Thank you!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:42:46 -0700 (PDT), lora
wrote:

Hello all,

We live in a 2-story house in Georgia built on slab and near a wooded
area.

Recently, we called in a pest control company to seal the gaps we had
in fascia/gutters near the roof and in the attic as we heard
scratching noises from squirrels/rats.

Now, they did seal the gutter/fascia gasp and the attic, but still
there are noises coming from above the ceiling of the first floor.

I don't think we have crawlspace in our home. Where could the rodents
be coming from to get in above the 1st floor?

How do we inform the pest company to get rid of them? Already paid
them for sealing work/exclusion work. We do have a 2-year warranty.

Thank you!!

Make ONE opening into the second floor cavity from outside.. Soak
some rags in ammonia and stuff them in the hole as far as you can
shove them with a broom stick, or whatever. The critters WILL come
out. THEN seal the hole. The pest company should have done that before
sealing anything.
Posted to alt.home.repair

lora wrote:
Hello all,

We live in a 2-story house in Georgia built on slab and near a wooded
area.

Recently, we called in a pest control company to seal the gaps we had
in fascia/gutters near the roof and in the attic as we heard
scratching noises from squirrels/rats.

Now, they did seal the gutter/fascia gasp and the attic, but still
there are noises coming from above the ceiling of the first floor.

I don't think we have crawlspace in our home. Where could the rodents
be coming from to get in above the 1st floor?

How do we inform the pest company to get rid of them? Already paid
them for sealing work/exclusion work. We do have a 2-year warranty.

Thank you!!

My son had a roofer come out and seal openings that squirrels were
coming in. Apparently they missed an opening around the chimney and a
squirrel got in the space between the vent pipe for his fireplace and
the insulating pipe. Bottom line, squirrel died and it took a
contractor and a chimney guy to remove at cost of several hundred
dollars. Smell and maggots were coming in. Call the pest people back.
May be a left over trapped squirrel or they missed an opening and
another got in. Sounds like something that should be covered by
warranty. Get on it right away before you have to deal with a dead animal.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Apr 28, 4:45*pm, wrote:
*Make ONE opening into the second floor cavity from outside.. Soak
some rags in ammonia and stuff them in the hole as far as you can
shove them with a broom stick, or whatever. The critters WILL come
out.

Will that run the G*@#$% shrews out of my upstairs knee wall? Un
fortunately even if it would there is no practical way to seal them
out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hello all,

We live in a 2-story house in Georgia built on slab and near a wooded
area.

Recently, we called in a pest control company to seal the gaps we had
in fascia/gutters near the roof and in the attic as we heard
scratching noises from squirrels/rats.

Now, they did seal the gutter/fascia gasp and the attic, but still
there are noises coming from above the ceiling of the first floor.

I don't think we have crawlspace in our home. Where could the rodents
be coming from to get in above the 1st floor?

How do we inform the pest company to get rid of them? Already paid
them for sealing work/exclusion work. We do have a 2-year warranty.

Thank you!!

It's probably an elephant. Those damn Republicans are spying on you.
Probably because you voted for a Democrat in the last election.

Nah...More likely a democRAT..Always looking for new ways to tax you or
catch a free ride...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 18:23:50 -0700 (PDT), Joe
wrote:

On Apr 28, 4:45Â*pm, wrote:
Â*Make ONE opening into the second floor cavity from outside.. Soak
some rags in ammonia and stuff them in the hole as far as you can
shove them with a broom stick, or whatever. The critters WILL come
out.

Will that run the G*@#$% shrews out of my upstairs knee wall? Un
fortunately even if it would there is no practical way to seal them
out.

Keep an open bottle of ammonia up there for a while and they will
PERHAPS get the idea that it's not a good place to hide.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"lora" wrote in message
Hello all,

We live in a 2-story house in Georgia built on slab and near a wooded
area.

Recently, we called in a pest control company to seal the gaps we had
in fascia/gutters near the roof and in the attic as we heard
scratching noises from squirrels/rats.

Now, they did seal the gutter/fascia gasp and the attic, but still
there are noises coming from above the ceiling of the first floor.

I don't think we have crawlspace in our home. Where could the rodents
be coming from to get in above the 1st floor?

How do we inform the pest company to get rid of them? Already paid
them for sealing work/exclusion work. We do have a 2-year warranty.

Thank you!!

You know, I too had animal noises coming from above. I lived in a 3 story
apartment, and the animals sounds would only happen after 9 @ night.

Turned out, the couple above me were making all the grunting sounds, they
were newly weds.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 28, 3:42*pm, lora wrote:
Hello all,

We live in a 2-story house in Georgia built on slab and near a wooded
area.

Recently, we called in a pest control company to seal the gaps we had
in fascia/gutters near the roof and in the attic as we heard
scratching noises from squirrels/rats.

Now, they did seal the gutter/fascia gasp and the attic, but still
there are noises coming from above the ceiling of the first floor.

I don't think we have crawlspace in our home. Where could the rodents
be coming from to get in above the 1st floor?

How do we inform the pest company to get rid of them? Already paid
them for sealing work/exclusion work. We do have a 2-year warranty.

Thank you!!

Animal noises, isnt that what happened in the Exorcist first, I never
worry until they are in my bed. Sawed off 12ga, shoot at the sounds in
the ceilings and walls.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Animal noises, isnt that what happened in the Exorcist first, I
never worry until they are in my bed. Sawed off 12ga, shoot at the
sounds in the ceilings and walls.

Be prepared for lots of roofing and plastering work.

animal crafts wirakesuma Woodworking 0 July 20th 08 04:01 PM
Animal Farm Lucern Woodworking 1 December 6th 07 06:51 PM
Animal Control Trapper Ron Home Repair 0 April 18th 07 04:37 PM
Animal Control Trapper Ron Home Ownership 0 April 18th 07 04:27 PM
Offgassing from vinyl floors vs. laminate floors Harry Muscle Home Ownership 17 September 8th 06 05:04 AM