Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pro Question

Are you guys that work on homes and fix them up, remodel them or just focus
in on one trade busy?? I can not believe how busy I am. I wasn't this busy
during the height of the housing boom. I'm not bitching but just a little
miffed by it. What say you?
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Are you guys that work on homes and fix them up, remodel them or just
focus in on one trade busy?? I can not believe how busy I am. I
wasn't this busy during the height of the housing boom. I'm not
bitching but just a little miffed by it. What say you?

Same here. All the people who can't afford to buy a new house seem to
be fixing up the one they have instead. When I started my business, I
intended to work a couple of days a week and spend the rest of the time
working for Habitat for Humanity. I'm getting too much business to work
my plan--and it's all by word-of-mouth. I'll just have to start telling
friends I can't take more jobs, I guess.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement
Posted to alt.home.repair

SteveBell wrote:

Are you guys that work on homes and fix them up, remodel them or just
focus in on one trade busy?? I can not believe how busy I am. I
wasn't this busy during the height of the housing boom. I'm not
bitching but just a little miffed by it. What say you?

Same here. All the people who can't afford to buy a new house seem to
be fixing up the one they have instead. When I started my business, I
intended to work a couple of days a week and spend the rest of the time
working for Habitat for Humanity. I'm getting too much business to work
my plan--and it's all by word-of-mouth. I'll just have to start telling
friends I can't take more jobs, I guess.

Ive actually turned down work! That never happened before. If its something
I don't want to do I either bid it high or tell them I'm not interested.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Website Address http://rentmyhusband.biz/
Posted to alt.home.repair

SteveBell wrote:

Are you guys that work on homes and fix them up, remodel them or
just focus in on one trade busy?? I can not believe how busy I
am. I wasn't this busy during the height of the housing boom. I'm
not bitching but just a little miffed by it. What say you?

Same here. All the people who can't afford to buy a new house seem
to be fixing up the one they have instead. When I started my
business, I intended to work a couple of days a week and spend the
rest of the time working for Habitat for Humanity. I'm getting too
much business to work my plan--and it's all by word-of-mouth. I'll
just have to start telling friends I can't take more jobs, I guess.

Ive actually turned down work! That never happened before. If its
something I don't want to do I either bid it high or tell them I'm
not interested.

Same here. A contractor I work for sometimes wanted me to bid on doing
all the doors and finish trim for a 63-unit apartment complex. Me, a
one-man company. Even with them putting up one eight-unit building at a
time, I would have been busy full-time for months. I had to decline on
that one, even though it's the type of work I like best. I'll be
spending a lot of time in the near future taking care of my dad's
estate.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement
Posted to alt.home.repair

"evodawg" wrote in message
Are you guys that work on homes and fix them up, remodel them or just
focus
in on one trade busy?? I can not believe how busy I am. I wasn't this busy
during the height of the housing boom. I'm not bitching but just a little
miffed by it. What say you?
--

People are DEFINITELY fixing what they got.