Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shower door stop repair

A customer has a glass shower enclosure. The door opens out and closes
against a plastic strip. The plastic strip is glued onto the glass with
what looks like, but probably isn't, Rubber Cement. Part of the stop has
come loose, and needs to be reattached. This would mean removing the no
longer working "rubber cement" then putting new on, and maybe clamping the
stop in place.

Does anyone know what is used to glue the plastic to the glass. It's
possible it's just clear caulk, but I'm not entirely sure it it. I was
thinking it was something specific to the shower stall/glass industry.

--
charles

Patio door stop? stuart noble UK diy 2 July 18th 04 10:17 PM
Door Stop barry martin Home Repair 1 May 7th 04 04:17 AM
Mira electric shower won't stop David UK diy 1 December 31st 03 12:43 AM
How do I stop door from swinging open (or closed)? trader-of-some-jacks Home Repair 7 December 30th 03 09:21 PM