David

Default Mira electric shower won't stop

I have a 3 year old Mira Sport 8.5 Kw electric shower. After the water
starts flowing and I turn the control knob back to the off setting the water
continues to flow (cold) for up to half an hour. even with the isolator
tuned off.

I opened it up and found that if I tapped the first black camber after the
water inlet a pair of white levers slowly moved on the side and the water
was shut off. Seems some mechanical valve is sticking. Is it worth
dismantling the valve or just buying a new one? Is it serviceable? Has any
one taken one to pieces?

David

BigWallop

"David" wrote in message ...
I have a 3 year old Mira Sport 8.5 Kw electric shower. After the water
starts flowing and I turn the control knob back to the off setting the water
continues to flow (cold) for up to half an hour. even with the isolator
tuned off.

I opened it up and found that if I tapped the first black camber after the
water inlet a pair of white levers slowly moved on the side and the water
was shut off. Seems some mechanical valve is sticking. Is it worth
dismantling the valve or just buying a new one? Is it serviceable? Has any
one taken one to pieces?

David

Try turning the water down at the mains isolator valve before you start to dismantle anything. If the
flow valve in the shower is being held open by a high water flow, then turning it down a bit will allow it
to close easier.

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Electric water heater for a shower and hot tap Neill UK diy 2 September 21st 03 04:04 AM
Electric shower Matt G UK diy 2 July 16th 03 10:38 PM
electric shower doesn't run cold - - advice please! Andrea UK diy 4 July 12th 03 07:59 AM
Is my electric shower about to fail? BigWallop UK diy 2 July 5th 03 01:57 AM