Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Bishop[_2_] Charles Bishop[_2_] is offline

Default Shower door stop repair-FOLLOWUP

In article
,
(Charles Bishop) wrote:

A customer has a glass shower enclosure. The door opens out and closes
against a plastic strip. The plastic strip is glued onto the glass with
what looks like, but probably isn't, Rubber Cement. Part of the stop has
come loose, and needs to be reattached. This would mean removing the no
longer working "rubber cement" then putting new on, and maybe clamping the
stop in place.

Does anyone know what is used to glue the plastic to the glass. It's
possible it's just clear caulk, but I'm not entirely sure it it. I was
thinking it was something specific to the shower stall/glass industry.

It turns out that there is a specifically made product for this. It's a
clear, double sided tape made to stick to glass and the plastic stop. It's
relatively expensive, $60 for um 20 feet. I went to a glass shop and they
gave me a roll remnant of about 6 feet for $8. It's trick to put on if
you're putting on just a portion since you have to lift up the plastic
stop just enough to get the very sticky tape on the glass without lifting
the plastic off of the tape that's there. After that you need to get the
cover tape off of the outside of the sticky tape and then press the
plastic into place. Worked ok though I had to redo it twice until I was
satisfied.

--
charles