Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Internal Tooth Lock washer

I am trying to install a new internal tooth lock washer that holds a
wheel in place from falling off. Its for my kids little battery
powered 4x4 that he drives around. This washer is suppose to be
pressed on the steel rod after the tire to hold the tire in place, but
I have no idea how to install it as it is so hard to try and push
on. I've tried using a hammer and screwdriver but that doesn't work
either. Does anyone know if there is a special way to install a
internal tooth lock washer into place ?
Posted to alt.home.repair

car crash wrote:
I am trying to install a new internal tooth lock washer that holds a
wheel in place from falling off. Its for my kids little battery
powered 4x4 that he drives around. This washer is suppose to be
pressed on the steel rod after the tire to hold the tire in place, but
I have no idea how to install it as it is so hard to try and push
on. I've tried using a hammer and screwdriver but that doesn't work
either. Does anyone know if there is a special way to install a
internal tooth lock washer into place ?

Not having the proper tool, I usually use a deep socket of the correct
diameter, and a mallet. A plain fender washer outside the lock washer
under the socket helps, if you can find one with a center hole the right
size. (Stuff like this is why you should always throw extra and orphan
nut's'bolts in a bucket, just in case.)

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Apr 18, 10:39*pm, car crash wrote:
I am trying to install a new internal tooth lock washer that holds a
wheel in place from falling off. *Its for my kids little battery
powered 4x4 that he drives around. * This washer is suppose to be
pressed on the steel rod after the tire to hold the tire in place, but
I have no idea how to install it as it is so hard to try and push
on. * I've tried using a hammer and screwdriver but that doesn't work
either. * Does anyone know if there is a special way to install a
internal tooth lock washer into place ?

Tap it on with a 12 point socket fitted on a short extension to help
hold it straight. Only other tool needed is plastic hammer. (You don't
want to be mean to a nice extension, do you?)

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 18, 10:39*pm, car crash wrote:
I am trying to install a new internal tooth lock washer that holds a
wheel in place from falling off. *Its for my kids little battery
powered 4x4 that he drives around. * This washer is suppose to be
pressed on the steel rod after the tire to hold the tire in place, but
I have no idea how to install it as it is so hard to try and push
on. * I've tried using a hammer and screwdriver but that doesn't work
either. * Does anyone know if there is a special way to install a
internal tooth lock washer into place ?

Short length of pipe plus hammer. -- H
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 20 Apr, 17:06, Heathcliff wrote:
On Apr 18, 10:39*pm, car crash wrote:

I am trying to install a new internal tooth lock washer that holds a
wheel in place from falling off. *Its for my kids little battery
powered 4x4 that he drives around. * This washer is suppose to be
pressed on the steel rod after the tire to hold the tire in place, but
I have no idea how to install it as it is so hard to try and push
on. * I've tried using a hammer and screwdriver but that doesn't work
either. * Does anyone know if there is a special way to install a
internal tooth lock washer into place ?

Short length of pipe plus hammer. *-- H

The socket and hammer idea worked perfectly.
Thanks all !

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 21, 12:24*pm, car crash wrote:
On 20 Apr, 17:06, Heathcliff wrote:

On Apr 18, 10:39*pm, car crash wrote:

I am trying to install a new internal tooth lock washer that holds a
wheel in place from falling off. *Its for my kids little battery
powered 4x4 that he drives around. * This washer is suppose to be
pressed on the steel rod after the tire to hold the tire in place, but
I have no idea how to install it as it is so hard to try and push
on. * I've tried using a hammer and screwdriver but that doesn't work
either. * Does anyone know if there is a special way to install a
internal tooth lock washer into place ?

Short length of pipe plus hammer. *-- H

The socket and hammer idea worked perfectly.
Thanks all !

If you use a socket to put it on, do you use a plug to get it off?

NON-universal, internal door, splined key, lock - where can i get one tonyjeffs[_2_] UK diy 12 March 1st 09 09:51 PM
Front door multi-point lock slowly getting harder to lock [email protected] UK diy 2 April 14th 07 09:31 PM
Frigidaire Front Load Washer - Replacing Door Lock Mike Schumann Home Repair 0 March 20th 06 05:46 PM
Internal Door Lock Sean Delere UK diy 5 March 27th 05 04:09 PM
Trouble finding replacement internal door lock Joe Woods UK diy 7 October 15th 03 04:23 PM