Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I need an advice

Hello!
I'm new here. I've been browsing tons of forums for an idea of what to
do. I was laid off from my job about 3 month ago. I've been looking
for a job since then, but did not even get a single interview. I
worked as a web designer for a publishing company for the last 5
years. Looks like www.spicyhome.com is an active forum with active
members and may be someone has some experience working as a freelance
web designer. May be "Usenet alt.home.repair" category is
not the most appropriate for this question, but I want to try anyways
to get some opinions before I go ahead with my life. I'm wondering if
it is possible in the current economy to find work for a freelance
web designer and make enough to pay for rent and groceries. I was
able to find a small project on craigslist and I developed a website
for a company. It was a small project and took me only a week to
complete. I got paid $800 for 1 week of work which is not bad. Please
people give me some ideas. I have 2 kids and my wife is out of work as
well. Thank you in advance.
Posted from the Free Home Improvement Forum at http://www.spicyhome.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

My advice is that you need to use a real e-mail address if you really
want to get a reply.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Poobrebet" wrote in message
[...]

Put the 2 kids to work, get a six-pack and relax.

od

Posted to alt.home.repair

"olddog" wrote in message

"Poobrebet" wrote in message
[...]

When you and the family get hungry enough, you'll take any job to tide you
over till you can find employment in your field. Same goes for your wife.
Sorry to sound harsh but that's the reality of life.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/16/2009 12:38 PM Poobrebet spake thus:

I'm new here. I've been browsing tons of forums for an idea of what to
do. I was laid off from my job about 3 month ago. I've been looking
for a job since then, but did not even get a single interview. I
worked as a web designer for a publishing company for the last 5
years. Looks like www.[spamaddress].com is an active forum with active
members ...

Here's some advice I'll give you for free: FOAD*, spammer!

* **** off and die.

--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

- motto of the Church of Euthanasia (http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Poobrebet wrote:
Hello!
I'm new here. I've been browsing tons of forums for an idea of what to
do. I was laid off from my job about 3 month ago.

"I need an advice"? It's no wonder you lost your job as a web designer.
Who would hire an illiterate?

Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerd at carolina.rr.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Poobrebet" wrote

If you are even remotely serious, a big part of your problem may be
gramatical in your application for a job. Your subject line is spelled
correctly but is not correct english. That's workable if you are a person
where english is a second language but not if your primary aim is to get a
job in the USA/Canada with a company that wants bi-linqual but enough care
given so at least the *subject* line is correctly formatted.

Posted to alt.home.repair

lid (Poobrebet) wrote in
:

[...]

Welcome!

Consider yourself lucky if you're not a baby boomer. Yes, that's right.
You're at an advantage.

"Competition is steep among the 13.2 million Americans currently
unemployed, but older job seekers seem to be having an even harder time.
And oftentimes, the jobs they do get offered are steep demotions."

"ABC News recently told the story of Ken Karpman, a 45-year-old former
equity sales trader who earned $750,000 a year. He now delivers pizza for
$7.29 an hour."

Source: http://www.yahoo.com/s/1059161
Posted to alt.home.repair

lid (Poobrebet) wrote in
:

[...]

An advice? What are you repairing? What does it go on? Or is it a tool?

Advice please Gerry[_2_] Metalworking 10 July 13th 08 06:17 PM
Loo advice Anna Kettle[_2_] UK diy 23 July 6th 08 11:35 PM
Advice yshaikh01 UK diy 16 December 30th 06 10:35 PM
Need some help and advice [email protected] Home Ownership 4 December 21st 06 09:38 PM
Need some help and advice [email protected] Home Repair 2 December 20th 06 04:29 AM