Posted to alt.home.repair

Default E-payment due dates

Oren wrote:
On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 07:48:58 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message

Once, long ago, I tried to open a bank account at Equibank. I
chose this bank because a) I didn't have a car and b) they had a
branch about three blocks from campus. I ended up closing it after
about a month - they repeatedly provided me with ATM cards that
didn't work with the PIN I had selected (and of course they
couldn't tell me what PIN would work.)

When I moved from PA to CT I had to find a bank so I chose one at
random. I wanted to open an account and deposit a $3000 company
check for openers. Everything went well until I asked to get $25
back from the deposit. "Sorry sir, we can't do that, come back for
cash in 3 days" Walked up the street to another bank that said
"sure sir, how much cash back do you want?"

We moved from PA to NV. Buying and closed on two homes. Finally, the
NV bank sent a letter saying the Cashier's Check had a ten day hold on
it. We went to the bank, next morning.

Something my wife whispered across the desk too personnel. {if you
don't clear that check right NOW, I'll close this account and make the
biggest (@^%#!) scene you have every seen in this bank}

Walked out with cash G

Heh!

One of my customers told me his wife's bank wouldn't cash his check. So he
goes to the bank and demands that they cash it. They still say no.

He reaches in his coat pocket and pulls out a CD for $100,000 and says "Cash
this!" After much toing-and-froing they finally allow as how they'll give
him a cashier's check. "No good," says he. "You won't take my check, I won't
take yours. I want C-A-S-H!"

"I don't think we have that much cash in the bank," says the manager. "So
get on the 'phone and get an armored car on the way. If I don't have my
money in an hour, I'm on the telephone to the Comptroller of the Currency
and I'll do my damnedest to have your national bank charter revoked. You'll
soon be known as Ex-Bank of America."

He got his money.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

wrote:

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message

[...]

Hmmm... Your friend's story is hard to swallow. I know, you are just
relaying it.

a CD for $100,000

Most people have one of these.

If I don't
have my money in an hour,

I recall seeing something in that 4pt print of opening an account
agreement that bank has right to delay X days on withdrawls of $X or
more.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:

[...]

This was years ago, perhaps before such fine print - put in, no doubt, to
counter people such as my customer. He did show me a large manila envelope
full of bundled $100 bills. I didn't count it, but it sure looked like a lot
of money!

This was the same guy who single-handedly delayed the Allied invasion at
Anzio for two weeks. I couldn't verify that story, but I did corroborate
another. Yes, he was on the 1936 American Olympic Fencing team and did
parade in front of Adolph Hitler. Didn't win any medals, though.

He was a pathologist, and his most memorable quote: "You don't think God
makes mistakes? Just look at the gall bladder! God should've asked me,"
followed by: "Women! Bah! Stand 'em on their heads and they all look alike."

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Red Green wrote:

[...]

Well, being harmless and at least amusing, let's just give this one to
your friend :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:

This was the same guy who single-handedly delayed the Allied invasion
at Anzio for two weeks. I couldn't verify that story, but I did
corroborate another. Yes, he was on the 1936 American Olympic Fencing
team and did parade in front of Adolph Hitler. Didn't win any medals,
though.

He was a pathologist, and his most memorable quote: "You don't think
God makes mistakes? Just look at the gall bladder! God should've
asked me," followed by: "Women! Bah! Stand 'em on their heads and
they all look alike."

Well, being harmless and at least amusing, let's just give this one to
your friend :-)

Heck, I'll tell you the story anyway. He was seconded to the OSS and
interrogating officer-prisoners in North Africa because, as he said, he
could speak German, Italian, Croatian, and just about everything more
complicated than Pig Latin.

Anyway, one day a couple of MPs grab him up and shoot him to Sicily where
he's introduced to Mark Clark.

Seems as if General Clark had adopted a dog. Seems further that military
regulations prohibit taking a dog across an international border unless the
dog has been vaccinated for Rabies. My customer, according to his 401 file,
wrote a paper as a grad student at Columbia on field preparation of rabies
vaccine, hence his presence.

It took about ten days to prepare the vaccine, and as soon as the dog was
injected, poof, off goes the American 5th Army to Italy. He attributed the
delay to General Clark's not wanting to leave the mutt behind!

Incredulous, I asked him: "Okay, I can believe there's such a rule, but Mark
Clark was a three-star general! What if he said 'screw this, Bowser's coming
with me'? Like the Germans would get mad? Make Clark stand in a corner or
write 'I will not take my dog' one hundred times on the blackboard?"

Donovan, still improving, dates almost similarly, as the brand reckons until their down. Basksh Alhadin al Suqami Home Repair 0 December 9th 07 11:37 PM
Bessey Clamps and Published Sale Dates George Woodworking 0 October 2nd 05 01:52 PM
OT - Get Gunner & Stewie dates !! Cliff Metalworking 1 August 31st 05 08:54 PM
Visalia dates?? steamer Metalworking 1 January 18th 05 04:05 AM
Dates for Part P? Lobster UK diy 13 November 26th 04 08:03 PM