Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default E-payment due dates

Red Green wrote:

This was the same guy who single-handedly delayed the Allied invasion
at Anzio for two weeks. I couldn't verify that story, but I did
corroborate another. Yes, he was on the 1936 American Olympic Fencing
team and did parade in front of Adolph Hitler. Didn't win any medals,
though.

He was a pathologist, and his most memorable quote: "You don't think
God makes mistakes? Just look at the gall bladder! God should've
asked me," followed by: "Women! Bah! Stand 'em on their heads and
they all look alike."

Well, being harmless and at least amusing, let's just give this one to
your friend :-)

Heck, I'll tell you the story anyway. He was seconded to the OSS and
interrogating officer-prisoners in North Africa because, as he said, he
could speak German, Italian, Croatian, and just about everything more
complicated than Pig Latin.

Anyway, one day a couple of MPs grab him up and shoot him to Sicily where
he's introduced to Mark Clark.

Seems as if General Clark had adopted a dog. Seems further that military
regulations prohibit taking a dog across an international border unless the
dog has been vaccinated for Rabies. My customer, according to his 401 file,
wrote a paper as a grad student at Columbia on field preparation of rabies
vaccine, hence his presence.

It took about ten days to prepare the vaccine, and as soon as the dog was
injected, poof, off goes the American 5th Army to Italy. He attributed the
delay to General Clark's not wanting to leave the mutt behind!

Incredulous, I asked him: "Okay, I can believe there's such a rule, but Mark
Clark was a three-star general! What if he said 'screw this, Bowser's coming
with me'? Like the Germans would get mad? Make Clark stand in a corner or
write 'I will not take my dog' one hundred times on the blackboard?"