Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kill-a Watt Meter at Costco

Costco here in NJ has these for $26. And it's the better model,
where you input your cost of electricity, and it directly reads out
how much electricity cost is to run whatever you're measuring by the
day, week, month, year, etc. So, if you're looking to pick one up,
this is a good deal.

On the negative side, the one I bought doesn't work The SET key
doesn't do anything, so I can't enter the electric rate. Taking it
back to exchange.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 30, 9:22*am, LouB wrote:
wrote:
Costco here in NJ has these for $26. * And it's the better model,
where you input your cost of electricity, and it directly reads out
how much electricity cost is to run whatever you're measuring by the
day, week, month, year, etc. *So, if you're looking to pick one up,
this is a good deal.

On the negative side, the one I bought doesn't work * * The SET key
doesn't do anything, so I can't enter the electric rate. * Taking it
back to exchange.

Having moved from NJ my nearest Costco is now over an hour away:-((

You can order a lot of what they have online too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Living in NYS, none come up on the web page.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"LouB" wrote in message

Having moved from NJ my nearest Costco is now over an hour
away:-((

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Costco here in NJ has these for $26. And it's the better model,
where you input your cost of electricity, and it directly reads out
how much electricity cost is to run whatever you're measuring by the
day, week, month, year, etc. So, if you're looking to pick one up,
this is a good deal.

On the negative side, the one I bought doesn't work The SET key
doesn't do anything, so I can't enter the electric rate. Taking it
back to exchange.

I wouldn't be fluffing my feathers for spending $26 for something that
doesn't work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stan Buxley wrote:

wrote in message
Costco here in NJ has these for $26. And it's the better model,
where you input your cost of electricity, and it directly reads out
how much electricity cost is to run whatever you're measuring by the
day, week, month, year, etc. So, if you're looking to pick one up,
this is a good deal.

On the negative side, the one I bought doesn't work The SET key
doesn't do anything, so I can't enter the electric rate. Taking it
back to exchange.

I wouldn't be fluffing my feathers for spending $26 for something that
doesn't work.

Eh, a dud slips through even the best manufacturers QC one in a while.
Things can work through all QC testing and then fail after a few
thousand miles of shipping vibration. My earlier model Kill-a-Watt works
wonderfully.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 30, 5:24*pm, "Stan Buxley"
wrote:
wrote in message

Costco here in NJ has these for $26. * And it's the better model,
where you input your cost of electricity, and it directly reads out
how much electricity cost is to run whatever you're measuring by the
day, week, month, year, etc. *So, if you're looking to pick one up,
this is a good deal.

On the negative side, the one I bought doesn't work * * The SET key
doesn't do anything, so I can't enter the electric rate. * Taking it
back to exchange.

I wouldn't be fluffing my feathers for spending $26 for something that
doesn't work.

Lots of people here have used the Kill-A-Watt units and I've never
heard of a problem. I see no reason to think it would have been any
different if I paid $45 and bought one online. Except I'd be out the
shipping for the return. This one I just take back to Costco on my
next trip and get another on. No big deal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 30, 7:57*am, wrote:
Costco here in NJ has these for $26. * And it's the better model,
where you input your cost of electricity, and it directly reads out
how much electricity cost is to run whatever you're measuring by the
day, week, month, year, etc. *So, if you're looking to pick one up,
this is a good deal.

On the negative side, the one I bought doesn't work * * The SET key
doesn't do anything, so I can't enter the electric rate. * Taking it
back to exchange.

How many hours will it store Kwh data for, mine is 99 hours before
auto reset.