Posted to alt.home.repair
larry larry is offline

Default Kill-a Watt Meter at Costco

wrote:
On Mar 30, 5:24 pm, "Stan Buxley"
wrote:

Lots of people here have used the Kill-A-Watt units and I've never
heard of a problem. I see no reason to think it would have been any
different if I paid $45 and bought one online. Except I'd be out the
shipping for the return. This one I just take back to Costco on my
next trip and get another on. No big deal.

just keep it away from inductively caused arcs, like don't
plug a 40 watt fan into it, read the watts, then pull the
plug. My first one now lives in a world of its own, with
about a 40% calibration error. I found a page on how to do a
re-calb, but at $20 on the web I picked up two new ones.

-- larry/dallas