Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Machine makes 100.000 sandbags per day

They were just showing on the tv news about the Red River floods.
They said they got 3 machines from Canada that can each make 100,000
sandbags per day. That's pretty amazing in itself, but they came from
Canada. Why dont they have these in the US? And why would Canada
even have them, I dont recall ever hearing about flooding in Canada,
and even if there was a flood, it would likely turn to ice anyhow.

I think I'd like one of these sandbagging machines too. I could build
a whole sandbag house in one day. Or better yet, add some Portland
Cement to the sand and make a permanent house.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jimw wrote:
They were just showing on the tv news about the Red River floods.
They said they got 3 machines from Canada that can each make 100,000
sandbags per day. That's pretty amazing in itself, but they came from
Canada. Why dont they have these in the US?

Because Canada can make them cheaper?

And why would Canada
even have them, I dont recall ever hearing about flooding in Canada,
and even if there was a flood, it would likely turn to ice anyhow.

So they can sell them to the U.S.?

Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Jimw wrote:
They were just showing on the tv news about the Red River floods.
They said they got 3 machines from Canada that can each make 100,000
sandbags per day. That's pretty amazing in itself, but they came from
Canada. Why dont they have these in the US? And why would Canada
even have them, I dont recall ever hearing about flooding in Canada,
and even if there was a flood, it would likely turn to ice anyhow.

As a Canadian who can see US TV news, I have noted that little news comes
from outside of the US, except possibly the war or when a US politician
travels. Very little information is given about Canada which is next door.

We do have floods and it doesn't turn to ice any more than it does in the
northern states. The sandbag machines may have come from Canada, but I have
seen other sandbag machines being used in other areas of the US so it is
possible that they were even made in the US or at least are used in the US.

I know it is amazing to comprehend, but Canada is not all a great wasteland.
We are actually quite civilized and do make things too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 25, 9:24*am, "EXT" wrote:
As a Canadian who can see US TV news, I have noted that little news comes
from outside of the US, except possibly the war or when a US politician
travels. Very little information is given about Canada which is next door..

I know it is amazing to comprehend, but Canada is not all a great wasteland.
We are actually quite civilized and do make things too.

Are you certain about this claim? ;-
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 03:46:29 -0500, Jimw wrote:

They were just showing on the tv news about the Red River floods.
They said they got 3 machines from Canada that can each make 100,000
sandbags per day. That's pretty amazing in itself, but they came from
Canada. Why dont they have these in the US? And why would Canada
even have them, I dont recall ever hearing about flooding in Canada,
and even if there was a flood, it would likely turn to ice anyhow.

Maybe the same reason we truck empty sandbags from Iraq down to
Kuwait, fill them and truck them north.

http://threetrilliondollarwar.org/20...s-from-kuwait/

another Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike wrote:
"EXT" wrote:

I know it is amazing to comprehend, but Canada is not all a great
wasteland. We are actually quite civilized and do make things too.

Are you certain about this claim? ;-

Canadian street gangs carry hockey sticks instead of guns.
By their standards, that's civilized! ;-

Dick
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article s.com,
"EXT" wrote:

Jimw wrote:
[...]

I think you should write a syndicated column for U.S. newspapers, with
news from Canada. It's true that we don't know a damn thing about much
beyond our borders.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 08:49:47 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote Re Machine makes 100.000 sandbags
per day:

I think you should write a syndicated column for U.S. newspapers, with
news from Canada. It's true that we don't know a damn thing about much
beyond our borders.

Most Americans, present company excepted, don't know much about
anything within our borders. That's why we have the kind of politicos
that we do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dick Adams wrote:
Mike wrote:
"EXT" wrote:

I know it is amazing to comprehend, but Canada is not all a great
wasteland. We are actually quite civilized and do make things too.

Are you certain about this claim? ;-

Canadian street gangs carry hockey sticks instead of guns.
By their standards, that's civilized! ;-

Dick

I sell a lot of Northern Telecom phone equipment and
I used to sell a lot of DSC security systems. All good
stuff produced in Canada.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 25, 4:46*am, Jimw wrote:
They were just showing on the tv news about the Red River floods.
They said they got 3 machines from Canada that can each make 100,000
sandbags per day. *That's pretty amazing in itself, but they came from
Canada. *Why dont they have these in the US? *And why would Canada
even have them, I dont recall ever hearing about flooding in Canada,
and even if there was a flood, it would likely turn to ice anyhow. *

I think I'd like one of these sandbagging machines too. I could build
a whole sandbag house in one day. *Or better yet, add some Portland
Cement to the sand and make a permanent house.

Jim

Because we have a 100,000 illegal alians and shovels available.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"EXT" wrote in
anews.com:

Jimw wrote:
[...]

Not sure where you are in Canada but I lived outside the Burlington, VT
area for many many years. Aware of many Canada happenings & of course,
Montreal - bright lights, drinking, strip clubs, rue Sainte-Catherine,
aka Saint Catherine Street. Being so close, cable company carried CTV. I
thought we were hit hard by the great ice storm of 1998 then saw on TV
the huge metal electrical transmission towers falling over among other
things.

But the best thing about Canada is that's where the Red Green Show came
from!!!

Red...
p.s. nice tits up there too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jimw wrote in
:

They were just showing on the tv news about the Red River floods.
They said they got 3 machines from Canada that can each make 100,000
sandbags per day. That's pretty amazing in itself, but they came from
Canada. Why dont they have these in the US? And why would Canada
even have them, I dont recall ever hearing about flooding in Canada,
and even if there was a flood, it would likely turn to ice anyhow.

I think I'd like one of these sandbagging machines too. I could build
a whole sandbag house in one day. Or better yet, add some Portland
Cement to the sand and make a permanent house.

Jim

Get in touch Jim. The US has the best sandbaggers - not in the world, not
in the solar system, but in the whole damn Milky Way. We currently have 535
sandbaggers housed in two areas - The House and the Senate.

Sandbags Ivan Vegvary Metalworking 9 February 6th 09 02:55 AM
Sandbags in the shower [email protected] UK diy 9 October 23rd 06 07:45 PM
GE Answering Machine Makes Phone Ring Continuously [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 August 31st 05 11:48 AM
mouldy sandbags [email protected] UK diy 3 August 28th 05 07:47 PM
Sandbags To Soak-up Runoff Jack Home Repair 6 October 11th 04 02:17 PM