Jack

Default Sandbags To Soak-up Runoff

I read web sites that hinted that sandbags cannot be used repeatedly?
Is this true? Can't they be simply allowed to dry out and reused.
Diane
xrongor

thats why there are so many beaches in the world. its where they put the
'used up' sand g

randy

"Jack" wrote in message
I read web sites that hinted that sandbags cannot be used repeatedly?
Is this true? Can't they be simply allowed to dry out and reused.
Diane

Greg O

"willshak" wrote in message

Dump 'em out, and save tha bag 'till next time.
I still see alot of canvas ones yet. As long as they are dryed out and
stored dry they will lsat for years.
Greg

So, if they are not damaged, you dump out the sand and save the bag? I
guess that would save storage space.
I'll take your word for it, since you obviously have had dealings with
sandbags.

I live in a city that sees serious flooding every 5-10 years. You get to see
alot of sand bags around here!
Greg

Dan

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:56:39 -0500, "Greg O"
wrote:

"willshak" wrote in message

Dump 'em out, and save tha bag 'till next time.
I still see alot of canvas ones yet. As long as they are dryed out and
stored dry they will lsat for years.
Greg

So, if they are not damaged, you dump out the sand and save the bag? I
guess that would save storage space.
I'll take your word for it, since you obviously have had dealings with
sandbags.

I live in a city that sees serious flooding every 5-10 years. You get to see
alot of sand bags around here!
Greg

I filled about a million of 'em in Des Moines in '93. Don't want to
see one again.
pray4surf

"Jack" wrote in message
: I read web sites that hinted that sandbags cannot be used repeatedly?
: Is this true? Can't they be simply allowed to dry out and reused.
: Diane

As others have mentioned, yes you can 'save' sandbags. The sack
(plastic/canvas) will dry out faster when empty. Full, I doubt if a bag
would 'ever' dryout if full... Unless you live in a desert clime... And then
of course you have plenty of sand for refilling . ;-)

The purpose of a sandbag is not to 'soak up' water, but to divert/contain
it.

Rick - who lives were used up sand bags go to retire.
--
Computer recommends - Hard drinking calypso poet

Richard J Kinch

Diane, are you blonde?