Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Buying junk from China without quality control.

Some 5/8” faucet seats for Tracy may in fact be 39/64”

Some of the following plumbing parts sold by a leading hardware store
by a leading plumbing parts wholesaler who’s name begins with W may be
defective in the following way:

Water heater connectors made of copper may have been manufactured too
thin and may leak after a few months.

Brass nipples may have a smaller diameter causing them to pop out of
their connectors.

Flare nuts may not fit their flare connectors.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Could you supply some proof for these statements? Also, can you
explain how brass, or any other material, nipples can "pop out" of
their connectors? I have a feeling you just like to babble about
things you know nothing about.

G.S.

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 13:14:56 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown
wrote:

Some 5/8” faucet seats for Tracy may in fact be 39/64”

Some of the following plumbing parts sold by a leading hardware store
by a leading plumbing parts wholesaler who’s name begins with W may be
defective in the following way:

Water heater connectors made of copper may have been manufactured too
thin and may leak after a few months.

Brass nipples may have a smaller diameter causing them to pop out of
their connectors.

Flare nuts may not fit their flare connectors.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Some 5/8” faucet seats for Tracy may in fact be 39/64”

Other than showing you the fittings in person I cannot prove it.
However I am sure I am not the only person that has experienced these
problems and that others will take the time to corroborate my
findings. I am simply getting the ball rolling. It will be up to other
readers who care to keep the ball rolling. To be completely fair let
us agree that if eventually enough people do not state here to have
had the same experiences then let us assume and I will agree that I
babble about things I know nothing about.

Some of the following plumbing parts sold by a leading hardware store
by a leading plumbing parts wholesaler who’s name begins with W may be
defective in the following way:

Water heater connectors made of copper may have been manufactured too
thin and may leak after a few months.

Brass nipples may have a smaller diameter causing them to pop out of
their connectors.

Flare nuts may not fit their flare connectors.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Gordon Shumway" wrote in message
Could you supply some proof for these statements? Also, can you
explain how brass, or any other material, nipples can "pop out" of
their connectors? I have a feeling you just like to babble about
things you know nothing about.

G.S.

I don't know about the copper, but I've had a couple of black iron fittings
go bad. Not a good thing with 110 PSI steam in the pipes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 15:27:16 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown
wrote:

On Mar 9, 1:58Â*pm, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Could you supply some proof for these statements? Â*Also, can you
explain how brass, or any other material, nipples can "pop out" of
their connectors? Â*I have a feeling you just like to babble about

wrote:
[...]

Threads WAY out of spec - ID too big, OD too small.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 9, 4:14*pm, Molly Brown wrote:
Some 5/8” faucet seats for Tracy may in fact be 39/64”

Some of the following plumbing parts sold by a leading hardware store
by a leading plumbing parts wholesaler who’s name begins with W may be
defective in the following way:

Water heater connectors made of copper may have been manufactured too
thin and may leak after a few months.

Brass nipples may have a smaller diameter causing them to pop out of
their connectors.

Flare nuts may not fit their flare connectors.

China is about to begin exporting complete modular homes to the US.

Just add footer and utility lines, they weant to send chinese workers
to do assembly to keep prices down, the homes are 3 bedroom 3 bath,
master has jacuzzi, 1500 square feet, for a small extra charge you can
get it fully furnished, but the standard model includes a big lCD tv
in the living room.

One wek from lot to finished home,

it will futher depress the existing home values, and china might loan
the money to buyers acting like a bank
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Some 5/8” faucet seats for Tracy may in fact be 39/64”

Some of the following plumbing parts sold by a leading hardware store
by a leading plumbing parts wholesaler whoÂ’s name begins with W may be
defective in the following way:

Water heater connectors made of copper may have been manufactured too
thin and may leak after a few months.

Brass nipples may have a smaller diameter causing them to pop out of
their connectors.

Flare nuts may not fit their flare connectors.

I know for a fact that these plumbing fixtures are crap. the other day went
to a big box and bought 2 angle valves for washing machine shutoffs. 1/2
copper and threaded lock nut. The Chinese crap would not even thread on to
the existing nut. Went to the local hardware store and bought made in USA
angle valves and threaded on with no problem. CHINA MAKES CRAP!!!!!
PERIOD!!

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Molly Brown wrote:
Some 5/8" faucet seats for Tracy may in fact be 39/64"

Very doubtful. I'd readily believe that they're 16mm, though.

5/8 = 0.625
39/64 = 0.6094
16mm = 0.6299"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 9, 3:14*pm, Molly Brown wrote:
Some 5/8” faucet seats for Tracy may in fact be 39/64”

Some of the following plumbing parts sold by a leading hardware store
by a leading plumbing parts wholesaler who’s name begins with W may be
defective in the following way:

Water heater connectors made of copper may have been manufactured too
thin and may leak after a few months.

Brass nipples may have a smaller diameter causing them to pop out of
their connectors.

Flare nuts may not fit their flare connectors.

I made the mistake of buying a "made in China" kitchen faucet that
looked great on the outside and was one fifth the price of a Kohler or
Moen. That faucet lasted exactly 34 days in my kitchen before the
handle broke off with the water on, shortly before the handle broke
the hose connection crimp started a leak. You are right NEVER buy
Chinese plumbing fixtures.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:06:06 -0400, Van Chocstraw
wrote:

Molly Brown wrote:
Some 5/8€ faucet seats for Tracy may in fact be 39/64€

Some of the following plumbing parts sold by a leading hardware store
by a leading plumbing parts wholesaler whos name begins with W may be
defective in the following way:

Water heater connectors made of copper may have been manufactured too
thin and may leak after a few months.

Brass nipples may have a smaller diameter causing them to pop out of
their connectors.

Flare nuts may not fit their flare connectors.

Gee, I bought an American car and the brake lines rusted out. I guess
Americans make junk too.

Yup, they do. But I'll bet the brake line didn't rust out in the first
3 weeks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RickH" wrote in message
[...]

OP ,just how many threads do we need for the exact same topic??? If you had
bothered to scroll down just a bit you would've seen a couple
more....Perhaps you need to start your own newsgroup atl. chinese crap
instead of cluttering up this one with endless threads of the same thing
over and over....I do however agree that you typically get what you pay for
but don't understand the beating of the same dead horse over and over...It
gets old and pushes more relevent topics down the page...The point has been
made , can we wait a couple of weeks till it is re-hashed again... Just a
suggestion....

Posted to alt.home.repair

benick wrote:

OP ,just how many threads do we need for the exact same topic??? If
you had bothered to scroll down just a bit you would've seen a couple
more....Perhaps you need to start your own newsgroup atl. chinese crap
instead of cluttering up this one with endless threads of the same
thing over and over....I do however agree that you typically get what
you pay for but don't understand the beating of the same dead horse
over and over...It gets old and pushes more relevent topics down the
page...The point has been made , can we wait a couple of weeks till
it is re-hashed again... Just a suggestion....

Repetition is the sincerest form of flattery.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"evodawg" wrote in message
Gordon Shumway wrote:

I know for a fact that these plumbing fixtures are crap. the other day
went
to a big box and bought 2 angle valves for washing machine shutoffs. 1/2
copper and threaded lock nut. The Chinese crap would not even thread on to
the existing nut. Went to the local hardware store and bought made in USA
angle valves and threaded on with no problem. CHINA MAKES CRAP!!!!!
PERIOD!!

You've got it wrong -- what actually happened was -- You BOUGHT crap, which
happened to be made in China. Made, by the way, to some importer's spec,
and to the importer's q.c. requirements. So look to yourself as a lousy
shopper, and if you must lay additional blame, try the place where you
bought the cheap stuff instead of being more discriminating.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 08:56:49 -0400, "JimR" wrote:

"evodawg" wrote in message
Gordon Shumway wrote:

I know for a fact that these plumbing fixtures are crap. the other day
went
to a big box and bought 2 angle valves for washing machine shutoffs. 1/2
copper and threaded lock nut. The Chinese crap would not even thread on to
the existing nut. Went to the local hardware store and bought made in USA
angle valves and threaded on with no problem. CHINA MAKES CRAP!!!!!
PERIOD!!

You've got it wrong -- what actually happened was -- You BOUGHT crap, which
happened to be made in China. Made, by the way, to some importer's spec,
and to the importer's q.c. requirements. So look to yourself as a lousy
shopper, and if you must lay additional blame, try the place where you
bought the cheap stuff instead of being more discriminating.

Man are YOU a dreamer. QC? What's that? "spot checks" are the best you
will see - and in many cases even they are worthless - done by someone
who doesn't know what to look for. The chrome is shiny? It passes.