Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Buying junk from China without quality control.

"RickH" wrote in message
On Mar 9, 3:14 pm, Molly Brown wrote:
Some 5/8” faucet seats for Tracy may in fact be 39/64”

Some of the following plumbing parts sold by a leading hardware store
by a leading plumbing parts wholesaler who’s name begins with W may be
defective in the following way:

Water heater connectors made of copper may have been manufactured too
thin and may leak after a few months.

Brass nipples may have a smaller diameter causing them to pop out of
their connectors.

Flare nuts may not fit their flare connectors.

I made the mistake of buying a "made in China" kitchen faucet that
looked great on the outside and was one fifth the price of a Kohler or
Moen. That faucet lasted exactly 34 days in my kitchen before the
handle broke off with the water on, shortly before the handle broke
the hose connection crimp started a leak. You are right NEVER buy
Chinese plumbing fixtures.

OP ,just how many threads do we need for the exact same topic??? If you had
bothered to scroll down just a bit you would've seen a couple
more....Perhaps you need to start your own newsgroup atl. chinese crap
instead of cluttering up this one with endless threads of the same thing
over and over....I do however agree that you typically get what you pay for
but don't understand the beating of the same dead horse over and over...It
gets old and pushes more relevent topics down the page...The point has been
made , can we wait a couple of weeks till it is re-hashed again... Just a
suggestion....