Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sump pump question

Kurt Ullman wrote:
It appears as though mine has decided to run 24/7. Anything it could
be that I might be able to take care of on my own, or should I just
bite the bullet and call for a plumber.

Fix or replace the switch.

Posted to alt.home.repair

It appears as though mine has decided to run 24/7. Anything it could
be that I might be able to take care of on my own, or should I just
bite the bullet and call for a plumber.

Fix or replace the switch.

First, check to see that the float is not just gummed up with tree
roots or mud or whatever. Have you checked to see if it still floats or
sinks with the water level, and won't shut off even with the float
hanging down?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 16:30:17 -0600, Bert Byfield
wrote:

It appears as though mine has decided to run 24/7. Anything it could
be that I might be able to take care of on my own, or should I just
bite the bullet and call for a plumber.

Fix or replace the switch.

First, check to see that the float is not just gummed up with tree
roots or mud or whatever. Have you checked to see if it still floats or
sinks with the water level, and won't shut off even with the float
hanging down?

Howdy,

About two years ago we had more than 18" of water in our
basement because of a "stuck float."

Now, we have two pumps each with a switch that has no moving
parts. The switches work like a charm.

Check http://www.washerwatcher.com/sump_watcher.htm

All the best,
--
Kenneth

sump pump question Kurt Ullman Home Repair 1 March 4th 09 09:01 PM
Sump Pump Question lagman Home Repair 13 August 4th 07 05:24 AM
Sump Pump question Sudy Nim Home Repair 2 January 7th 07 11:46 PM
New Sump Pump question DCM Fan Home Repair 1 April 6th 04 01:27 AM
Sump pump question. Pradeep Krishna Home Repair 3 September 2nd 03 07:34 PM