Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Zurn PEX Class Action Lawsuit

I just ran across a link regarding a Zurn PEX class action lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims that Zurn PEX fittings and connections are failing.

Here's the link:

http://zurnclassaction.com/index.html

I have no idea of the current status of the case or the validity of the
claims.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:02:04 -0500, "Len56" wrote:

I just ran across a link regarding a Zurn PEX class action lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims that Zurn PEX fittings and connections are failing.

Here's the link:

http://zurnclassaction.com/index.html

I have no idea of the current status of the case or the validity of the
claims.

In Nevada there has been a law suit for another brand. The failure has
to do with the amount of Zinc in the brass fitting. Apparently to
much Zinc when the fittings were made.

See: Terry Love's site

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/show...?t=8349&page=7

Posted to alt.home.repair

Interesting. Here's a link to the Kitec (IPEX) class action litigation
issues:

http://www.plumbingdefect.com/lawsuit.html

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:02:04 -0500, "Len56" wrote:

I just ran across a link regarding a Zurn PEX class action lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims that Zurn PEX fittings and connections are failing.

Here's the link:

http://zurnclassaction.com/index.html

I have no idea of the current status of the case or the validity of the
claims.

In Nevada there has been a law suit for another brand. The failure has
to do with the amount of Zinc in the brass fitting. Apparently to
much Zinc when the fittings were made.

See: Terry Love's site

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/show...?t=8349&page=7

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 16:12:26 -0500, "Len56" wrote:

Interesting. Here's a link to the Kitec (IPEX) class action litigation
issues:

http://www.plumbingdefect.com/lawsuit.html

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:02:04 -0500, "Len56" wrote:

I just ran across a link regarding a Zurn PEX class action lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims that Zurn PEX fittings and connections are failing.

Here's the link:

http://zurnclassaction.com/index.html

I have no idea of the current status of the case or the validity of the
claims.

In Nevada there has been a law suit for another brand. The failure has
to do with the amount of Zinc in the brass fitting. Apparently to
much Zinc when the fittings were made.

See: Terry Love's site

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/show...?t=8349&page=7

Yes, don't buy material from THOSE companies in your immediate future.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 1, 8:25*pm, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 16:12:26 -0500, "Len56" wrote:
Interesting. *Here's a link to the Kitec (IPEX) class action litigation
issues:

http://www.plumbingdefect.com/lawsuit.html

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:02:04 -0500, "Len56" wrote:

I just ran across a link regarding a Zurn PEX class action lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims that Zurn PEX fittings and connections are failing.

Here's the link:

http://zurnclassaction.com/index.html

I have no idea of the current status of the case or the validity of the
claims.

In Nevada there has been a law suit for another brand. The failure has
to do with the amount of Zinc in the brass *fitting. Apparently to
much Zinc when the fittings were made.

See: Terry Love's site

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/show...?t=8349&page=7

Yes, don't buy material from THOSE companies in your immediate future.

US Brass Quest comes to mind, it is Déjà vu all over again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 16:12:26 -0500, "Len56" wrote:

Interesting. Here's a link to the Kitec (IPEX) class action litigation
issues:

http://www.plumbingdefect.com/lawsuit.html

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:02:04 -0500, "Len56" wrote:

I just ran across a link regarding a Zurn PEX class action lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims that Zurn PEX fittings and connections are failing.

Here's the link:

http://zurnclassaction.com/index.html

I have no idea of the current status of the case or the validity of the
claims.

In Nevada there has been a law suit for another brand. The failure has
to do with the amount of Zinc in the brass fitting. Apparently to
much Zinc when the fittings were made.

See: Terry Love's site

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/show...?t=8349&page=7

Yes, don't buy material from THOSE companies in your immediate future.

I'm a bit nervous about all these problems, since I just bought a house
with PEX and don't know what brand was used. (This is an REO so I can't
ask the former owner.) Haven't looked into it much yet but is the brand
identified on the tubing and/or connectors?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 08:03:16 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

I'm a bit nervous about all these problems, since I just bought a house
with PEX and don't know what brand was used. (This is an REO so I can't
ask the former owner.) Haven't looked into it much yet but is the brand
identified on the tubing and/or connectors?

I have a manifold and it was marked with a sticker. The lines do have
markings, but I cannot read them completely as they are in the walls.
Only a few inches can be read at the manifold connections. The crimp
rings are not marked. The fittings I bought for a remodel do have
markings but it is to small for my eyes to read them.

It you have the manifold in a central location I would start there for
any markings.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm a bit nervous about all these problems, since I just bought a house
with PEX and don't know what brand was used. (This is an REO so I can't
ask the former owner.) Haven't looked into it much yet but is the brand
identified on the tubing and/or connectors?

I have a manifold and it was marked with a sticker. The lines do have
markings, but I cannot read them completely as they are in the walls.
Only a few inches can be read at the manifold connections. The crimp
rings are not marked. The fittings I bought for a remodel do have
markings but it is to small for my eyes to read them.

It you have the manifold in a central location I would start there for
any markings.

Excellent, thanks Oren. I'm on an "every other weekend" visitation
schedule, so next time I'll check it out. The manifold is in the attic
and I believe I can crawl over to it on the joists. I know there's a few
feet of tubing visible leading from the manifold.

(Get yourself an OptiVisor and you'll be able to see damn near anything.
It'll make you feel young again.)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 19:28:02 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Wow! Manifold in the attic. Mine is in the laundry room (like a
recessed medicine cabinet).

My house is 12 years old or so. Single story (2nd owner).

New PEX I've seen recently; has brass ball valves. My Vanguard is
mostly (all) plastic that uses O-rings on the valve shut offs.

Living in the desert, they now use PEX in landscaping irrigation... go
figger.

Your brand can or may be narrowed down. Age of the house, local code
or maybe other ways.

(Get yourself an OptiVisor and you'll be able to see damn near anything.
It'll make you feel young again.)

(SWMBO variety here for the time being.)