Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Zurn PEX Class Action Lawsuit

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 16:12:26 -0500, "Len56" wrote:

Interesting. Here's a link to the Kitec (IPEX) class action litigation
issues:

http://www.plumbingdefect.com/lawsuit.html

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:02:04 -0500, "Len56" wrote:

I just ran across a link regarding a Zurn PEX class action lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims that Zurn PEX fittings and connections are failing.

Here's the link:

http://zurnclassaction.com/index.html

I have no idea of the current status of the case or the validity of the
claims.

In Nevada there has been a law suit for another brand. The failure has
to do with the amount of Zinc in the brass fitting. Apparently to
much Zinc when the fittings were made.

See: Terry Love's site

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/show...?t=8349&page=7

Yes, don't buy material from THOSE companies in your immediate future.

I'm a bit nervous about all these problems, since I just bought a house
with PEX and don't know what brand was used. (This is an REO so I can't
ask the former owner.) Haven't looked into it much yet but is the brand
identified on the tubing and/or connectors?