Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cub tractor froze

My cub tractor is froze. I sprayed either in the intake to start it and
next thing I know its froze. I have put several penetrating oils in the
cylinders but nothing has helped. What do I do next?
-------------------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rick rodgers" wrote in message
om...

My cub tractor is froze. I sprayed either in the intake to start it and
next thing I know its froze. I have put several penetrating oils in the
cylinders but nothing has helped. What do I do next?

Are you saying the pistons are seized in the cylinders?
Why don't you start from the beginning, and explain why you sprayed ether
into the intake, how much, whether the engine ever started..... Is it
possible something let loose and locked up the crank, or that the cylinders
may be hydraulically locked from excessive gasoline flooding?
Give us more info......

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve" wrote in message

"rick rodgers" wrote in message
om...

My cub tractor is froze. I sprayed either in the intake to start it and
next thing I know its froze. I have put several penetrating oils in the
cylinders but nothing has helped. What do I do next?

Are you saying the pistons are seized in the cylinders?
Why don't you start from the beginning, and explain why you sprayed ether
into the intake, how much, whether the engine ever started..... Is it
possible something let loose and locked up the crank, or that the
cylinders may be hydraulically locked from excessive gasoline flooding?
Give us more info......

Is it froze or has the starter failed?

Posted to alt.home.repair

If the piston seized, pull the spark plug and put in an oz of oil. let it
set for a while, leave the spark plug out and try cranking.
Had to do that on my '66 cub, Kohler single cylinder engin.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rick rodgers" wrote in message
om...

My cub tractor is froze. I sprayed either in the intake to start it and
next thing I know its froze. I have put several penetrating oils in the
cylinders but nothing has helped. What do I do next?
-------------------------------------

Is this an International "cub" tractor, 4 cyl, water cooled, or
International "cub cadet" air cooled , one cyl kohler engine ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 26, 10:07*pm, (rick rodgers)
wrote:
My cub tractor is froze. I sprayed either in the intake to start it and
next thing I know its froze. I have put several penetrating oils in the
cylinders but nothing has helped. What do I do next?
-------------------------------------

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Excellent Group discussion on tractors, Cub, etc.They can help...

http://www.ytmag.com/gardent/wwwboard1.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

Remove the spark plug(s), and put in a couple squirts of two
stroke oil. Then, crank the flywheel, using a breaker bar,
and the proper socket to fit on the big nut in the center.

Leave the sparkplug out, and see if it cycles with the
starter.

Never spray ether into the spark plug hole. My Dad had a
generator which would not start, and a "helpful" neighbor
sprayed ether in the spark plug hole. Dried out the cylinder
walls, and siezed up the engine. When it did start, it threw
a piston rod, and killed the generator. It is OK to spray
ether on the air filter. Then, vapors will go to the
cylinder when you run the starter.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus