Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Burglarized...need new door in basement

OP could attach a metal grid over the opening, bars would be a good
description.

allows light, airflow etc but no one could use the concealed space to
break in the door.

Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote:
OP could attach a metal grid over the opening, bars would be a good
description.

allows light, airflow etc but no one could use the concealed space to
break in the door.

Ooh! Good idea!

Sort of horizontal burglar bars. Cool!

Not only would such provide an extra layer of protection, it would move the
initial attack to the light of day (or moon),

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 22, 4:39�pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
bob haller wrote:
OP could attach a metal grid over the opening, bars would be a good
description.

allows light, airflow etc but no one could use the concealed space to
break in the door.

Ooh! Good idea!

Sort of horizontal burglar bars. Cool!

Not only would such provide an extra layer of protection, it would move the
initial attack to the light of day (or moon),

a local metal supplier could probably weld one together, just consider
getting out if theres a fire.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 21, 5:44*pm, bob haller wrote:
install a metal exterior hatch door with a solid bar inside, if entry
from outdoors isnt necessary.

how valuable was the TV?

We got it for $700 in June or July. Seems like it's a little cheaper
now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

borealbushman wrote:
On Feb 21, 8:53 am, Aardvark wrote:

Burglars do not 'burglarize'. Burglars burgle. There is no such word as
'burglarize'.

••••• "Burglarize" exists in my newest Canadian dictionary, my
American dictionary, and my on-line dictionary. However, Wikipedia
tells me that it is not yet recognised in Britain.

I've noticed that the English language spoken in Newfoundland (island
province off Canada's east coast) often is much older (less changed)
than that spoken in the UK.

Some old guys (like I) have difficulty accepting that languages
change---sometimes in different locations; some folks just roll with
it.

Do you use the spelling "through" or "thru" ?

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

cshenk wrote:
wrote

Avoid spending too much effort on a single faliure spot, when the
theif will just move to a easy access spot.

Absolutely true. Reason I want to concentrate on this spot is that
it's very hidden, so a burglar can take his time smashing through and
not be seen.

Cut to the chase. Burglers do not like motion sensor lights.

I setup a motion sensor light for a friend but added
a 120 volt Edwards fire horn. One night he said the
thing went off and he found bloody torn bits of clothing
on the barbed wire fence behind his place.

TDD

how to extend a basement door? Joe Home Repair 3 October 21st 07 05:33 PM
Garage door to basement guruocont Home Repair 3 April 9th 07 11:02 AM
basement door yaofeng Home Repair 9 July 20th 06 10:31 PM
Best way to finish outside basement door Fr@nk Home Repair 0 April 2nd 05 10:54 PM
Basement stairwell door questions JOHN D Home Repair 6 November 18th 04 04:23 PM