Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Problem with Kenmore 90 Series washing machine.

I have a problem with my Kenmore 90 Series washing machine in that,
although it has a 5 speed control for the agitator, it runs FAST all
the time, no matter which of the 5 speeds is selected.

Would it be fair to assume that this is a 'switch' issue, rather than
a 'motor' issue?

And, if my assumption is correct, are these switches readily
available.

TIA

Lewis

*****
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I have a problem with my Kenmore 90 Series washing machine in that,
although it has a 5 speed control for the agitator, it runs FAST all
the time, no matter which of the 5 speeds is selected.

Would it be fair to assume that this is a 'switch' issue, rather than
a 'motor' issue?

And, if my assumption is correct, are these switches readily
available.

TIA

Lewis

*****

On my series 80 it didn't work at all on slow speed so my guess is that it's
probably not the motor. I found lots of parts (new and used) on eBay. I
found very few parts searching for Kenmore but found many searching for
Whirlpool.