Old January 1st 06, 05:09 AM posted to alt.home.repair
Rick

Default How to remove top off my Kenmore 80 Series Model 110.xxx Washing Machine

Hello All,

Can anyone help me figure out how to lift the entire top of my Kenmore
washer up (or off) so I may gain access to replacing my faulty lid
switch? I have no obvious screws to remove from the front like the pic
shows in the common repair thread.

Thanks in advance. - Rick

Old January 1st 06, 05:40 AM posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

http://www.repairclinic.com/0047_11.asp

http://fixitnow.com/

Old January 1st 06, 06:01 AM posted to alt.home.repair
Rick

Thanks buffalobill, now how do I really remove those Kenmore plastic
end caps??? I'm 99% to just breaking them off! I've taken off one
screw from the top, but the bottom is securely in place.

Old January 1st 06, 07:27 AM posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

i don't know your model. some top loaders pry up at the front edge
with a tape covered big screwdriver or stiff putty knife to force open
the two spring metal latches.

Old January 1st 06, 07:51 AM posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

http://fixitnow.com/wp/2005/10/23/ho...washer-repair/

Old January 1st 06, 01:55 PM posted to alt.home.repair
Rick

Thanks Buffalobill,

I've got a 110.26892690 model, apparently a Whirlpool. I've seen the
fixitnow.com site but I can't seem to release the bottom of the plastic
end-cap, as shown. I'll try a bit later, and try to release the spring
caps, if it has those.

Thanks again.

Old January 1st 06, 02:32 PM posted to alt.home.repair

You can get exploded diagrams of your model washer on Sears' website.

Go he http://www3.sears.com/
Type in your model # in box 2. Select your model on the next page and
then select which diagram you want to see.

Mike

Old January 1st 06, 03:30 PM posted to alt.home.repair
Rick

Got it! Had to bend the top of the plastic end caps up and toward me
(facing the front of the machine). I thought I might break them but
they came off without damage. I've got the panel rotated up, now I
need to remove the switch wire from the clips underneath. I can see
that the plastic screw mounting holes for the switch itself are cracked
and consequently stripped. The screws were loose when I first saw them
and they could not be tightened.

Old January 1st 06, 04:22 PM posted to alt.home.repair
Rick

Job complete!!!

I permanently joined the outside connector wires, saved $30, and am
back up and washing. Probably like most, the plastic switch connection
holes broke loose and allowed the switch to fall, preventing any
continuity of the circuit when the lid was closed. Thanks All for the
great help!