DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to remove top off my Kenmore 80 Series Model 110.xxx Washing Machine (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/138058-how-remove-top-off-my-kenmore-80-series-model-110-xxx-washing-machine.html)

Rick January 1st 06 06:09 AM

How to remove top off my Kenmore 80 Series Model 110.xxx Washing Machine

Hello All,

Can anyone help me figure out how to lift the entire top of my Kenmore
washer up (or off) so I may gain access to replacing my faulty lid
switch? I have no obvious screws to remove from the front like the pic
shows in the common repair thread.

Thanks in advance. - Rick

buffalobill January 1st 06 06:40 AM

How to remove top off my Kenmore 80 Series Model 110.xxx Washing Machine

http://www.repairclinic.com/0047_11.asp

http://fixitnow.com/

Rick January 1st 06 07:01 AM

How to remove top off my Kenmore 80 Series Model 110.xxx Washing Machine

Thanks buffalobill, now how do I really remove those Kenmore plastic
end caps??? I'm 99% to just breaking them off! I've taken off one
screw from the top, but the bottom is securely in place.

buffalobill January 1st 06 08:27 AM

How to remove top off my Kenmore 80 Series Model 110.xxx Washing Machine

i don't know your model. some top loaders pry up at the front edge
with a tape covered big screwdriver or stiff putty knife to force open
the two spring metal latches.

buffalobill January 1st 06 08:51 AM

How to remove top off my Kenmore 80 Series Model 110.xxx Washing Machine

http://fixitnow.com/wp/2005/10/23/ho...washer-repair/

Rick January 1st 06 02:55 PM

How to remove top off my Kenmore 80 Series Model 110.xxx Washing Machine

Thanks Buffalobill,

I've got a 110.26892690 model, apparently a Whirlpool. I've seen the
fixitnow.com site but I can't seem to release the bottom of the plastic
end-cap, as shown. I'll try a bit later, and try to release the spring
caps, if it has those.

Thanks again.

[email protected] January 1st 06 03:32 PM

How to remove top off my Kenmore 80 Series Model 110.xxx Washing Machine

You can get exploded diagrams of your model washer on Sears' website.

Go he http://www3.sears.com/
Type in your model # in box 2. Select your model on the next page and
then select which diagram you want to see.

Mike

Rick January 1st 06 04:30 PM

How to remove top off my Kenmore 80 Series Model 110.xxx Washing Machine

Got it! Had to bend the top of the plastic end caps up and toward me
(facing the front of the machine). I thought I might break them but
they came off without damage. I've got the panel rotated up, now I
need to remove the switch wire from the clips underneath. I can see
that the plastic screw mounting holes for the switch itself are cracked
and consequently stripped. The screws were loose when I first saw them
and they could not be tightened.

Rick January 1st 06 05:22 PM

How to remove top off my Kenmore 80 Series Model 110.xxx Washing Machine

Job complete!!!

I permanently joined the outside connector wires, saved $30, and am
back up and washing. Probably like most, the plastic switch connection
holes broke loose and allowed the switch to fall, preventing any
continuity of the circuit when the lid was closed. Thanks All for the
great help!

Ms Curry August 17th 14 07:44 PM

replying to Rick, Ms Curry wrote:
rsmigel wrote:

Hello All,
Can anyone help me figure out how to lift the entire top of my Kenmore
washer up (or off) so I may gain access to replacing my faulty lid
switch? I have no obvious screws to remove from the front like the pic
shows in the common repair thread.
Thanks in advance. - Rick

Good Morning I have a Kenmore washer 80 series
model# 11028812790 to change the switch and I
can't remove the lid......can you help me

Oren[_2_] August 17th 14 09:01 PM

How to remove top off my Kenmore 80 Series Model 110.xxx Washing Machine

On Sun, 17 Aug 2014 17:44:01 +0000, Ms Curry
wrote:

Good Morning I have a Kenmore washer 80 series
model# 11028812790 to change the switch and I
can't remove the lid......can you help me

If you mean the lid switch, see if this video is of any help or if it
resembles your machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck3iMjBS_H4

Let us know what happens.

[email protected] August 18th 14 12:31 AM

How to remove top off my Kenmore 80 Series Model 110.xxx Washing Machine

That is what is great about this group, when someone posts a reasonable problem and gets the answer and gets things working again!!!

Stormin Mormon[_10_] August 18th 14 03:32 PM

On 8/17/2014 6:31 PM, wrote:
That is what is great about this group, when
someone posts a reasonable problem and gets the
answer and gets things working again!!!

Yes, once in a while it works out well. I do try
to be part of the answer, some times. I'll admit,
I do too much off topic. Sigh.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Tony Hwang August 18th 14 05:08 PM

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/17/2014 6:31 PM, wrote:
That is what is great about this group, when
someone posts a reasonable problem and gets the
answer and gets things working again!!!

Yes, once in a while it works out well. I do try
to be part of the answer, some times. I'll admit,
I do too much off topic. Sigh.

Hi,
It's package deal, LOL!

[email protected] August 22nd 17 08:17 PM

How to remove top off my Kenmore 80 Series Model 110.xxx Washing Machine

Anyone know how to do the same to a kenmore 80 series model 110.26822690? It sees to be different than all the ones I have seen.

Frank[_24_] August 22nd 17 08:27 PM

On 8/22/2017 2:17 PM, wrote:
kenmore 80 series model 110.26822690

May not help but found parts diagram he

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/mode...2/0153200.html

I'm learning to do a lot of stuff by googling.

Dean Hoffman[_12_] August 22nd 17 11:21 PM

On 8/22/17 1:27 PM, Frank wrote:
On 8/22/2017 2:17 PM, wrote:
kenmore 80 series model 110.26822690

May not help but found parts diagram he

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/mode...2/0153200.html

I'm learning to do a lot of stuff by googling.

And Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=top+off+kenmore+80+series

Frank[_24_] August 23rd 17 12:46 AM

On 8/22/2017 5:21 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 8/22/17 1:27 PM, Frank wrote:
On 8/22/2017 2:17 PM, wrote:
kenmore 80 series model 110.26822690

May not help but found parts diagram he

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/mode...2/0153200.html

I'm learning to do a lot of stuff by googling.

Â*Â*Â* And Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=top+off+kenmore+80+series

That's where google will lead you if you are lucky. I used it myself
this am to figure out how to update the service warnings I was getting.
Change the oil yourself and car does not know it and keeps warning to do
it..

NiggerMortis July 24th 19 05:56 PM

On 7/24/2019 8:51 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, December 31, 2005 at 11:09:08 PM UTC-6, Rick wrote:
Hello All,

Can anyone help me figure out how to lift the entire top of my Kenmore
washer up (or off) so I may gain access to replacing my faulty lid
switch? I have no obvious screws to remove from the front like the pic
shows in the common repair thread.

Thanks in advance. - Rick

If you can't figure out the lid part, how the hell are you gonna replace a switch without electrocuting yourself?