Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leaking driveway

For the life of me, I can't figure out how water is getting through my
concrete drive.

My drive is heaving up, since the winter freeze. It appears frozen water is
getting under my drive.

How in the heck is 5" of concrete letting water through?

Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Stanley Oxford wrote:
For the life of me, I can't figure out how water is getting through my
concrete drive.

My drive is heaving up, since the winter freeze. It appears frozen
water is getting under my drive.

How in the heck is 5" of concrete letting water through?

Its in the soil and moves in from the edges. You need a good granular base
that will drain water away -- hopefully, as even that doesn't protect roads
from heaving. It is an on going battle in areas of frost. Anything concrete
can heave and crack. When I go to Florida, I see concrete that does not
move, is not cracked from frost and is as level as the day it was poured.
Also they have concrete items that is not all chipped and damaged from being
rammed by snowplows.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 2, 7:30�pm, "EXT" wrote:
Stanley Oxford wrote:
For the life of me, I can't figure out how water is getting through my
concrete drive.

My drive is heaving up, since the winter freeze. It appears frozen
water is getting under my drive.

How in the heck is 5" of concrete letting water through?

Its in the soil and moves in from the edges. You need a good granular base
that will drain water away -- hopefully, as even that doesn't protect roads
from heaving. It is an on going battle in areas of frost. Anything concrete
can heave and crack. When I go to Florida, I see concrete that does not
move, is not cracked from frost and is as level as the day it was poured.
Also they have concrete items that is not all chipped and damaged from being
rammed by snowplows.

any chance a water line is leaking in area? had a friends driveway
heave, found water line leaking under it
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stanley Oxford" wrote in message
For the life of me, I can't figure out how water is getting through my
concrete drive.

My drive is heaving up, since the winter freeze. It appears frozen water
is getting under my drive.

How in the heck is 5" of concrete letting water through?

Frost heaves can raise up highways that have a better base than your
driveway. One you get a fissure of any sort water can get in, freeze, make
a larger fissure to let in even more water, etc. Water will get in from the
sides also.

CH drain tap leaking, radiator valve leaking, valve not working (?) Clive UK diy 2 October 15th 08 05:13 AM
Driveway Dry-Well, etc. ? Robert11 Home Repair 2 January 21st 07 03:33 PM
I'm puzzled about my leaking roof. It's not leaking like a leak should leak. Daniel Cullpeppper Home Repair 10 April 30th 06 04:16 AM
Driveway ronnie UK diy 12 April 7th 06 02:23 PM
What driveway deicer to use on asphalt driveway? sams Home Repair 2 December 8th 03 11:38 PM