Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leaking driveway

On Feb 2, 7:30�pm, "EXT" wrote:
Stanley Oxford wrote:
For the life of me, I can't figure out how water is getting through my
concrete drive.

My drive is heaving up, since the winter freeze. It appears frozen
water is getting under my drive.

How in the heck is 5" of concrete letting water through?

Its in the soil and moves in from the edges. You need a good granular base
that will drain water away -- hopefully, as even that doesn't protect roads
from heaving. It is an on going battle in areas of frost. Anything concrete
can heave and crack. When I go to Florida, I see concrete that does not
move, is not cracked from frost and is as level as the day it was poured.
Also they have concrete items that is not all chipped and damaged from being
rammed by snowplows.

any chance a water line is leaking in area? had a friends driveway
heave, found water line leaking under it