Posted to alt.home.repair

Default whistling water

Hi everyone! I've enjoyed reading thru your posts and this seems like a
saavy group. Hope you don't mind if I jump in with a question.

My daughter and I installed a new faucet set in the bathroom and it
looks and works great, but whenever we turn on either water tap it
whistles. Anybody know what went wrong and/or how to quiet it down.

kukla

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:39:06 -0600, winny150 wrote:

Hi everyone! I've enjoyed reading thru your posts and this seems like a
saavy group. Hope you don't mind if I jump in with a question.

My daughter and I installed a new faucet set in the bathroom and it
looks and works great, but whenever we turn on either water tap it
whistles. Anybody know what went wrong and/or how to quiet it down.

Might be trapped air in the lines or the new fixture. Try removing the
aerator and running the faucet (hot and cold) full blast for at least 60
seconds.

--
Tony Sivori
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Hi everyone! I've enjoyed reading thru your posts and this seems like a
saavy group. Hope you don't mind if I jump in with a question.

My daughter and I installed a new faucet set in the bathroom and it
looks and works great, but whenever we turn on either water tap it
whistles. Anybody know what went wrong and/or how to quiet it down.

kukla

Single or double handle? Could be a defective seal, washer, cartridge or a
piece of gunk lodged in there. Could be the aerator. Take it off and try
it and look to see if something is in the passages in the aerator.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 30, 6:39*pm, wrote:
Hi everyone! I've enjoyed reading thru your posts and this seems like a
saavy group. *Hope you don't mind if I jump in with a question. *

My daughter and I installed a new faucet set in the bathroom and it
looks and works great, but whenever we turn on either water tap it
whistles. *Anybody know what went wrong and/or how to quiet it down.

kukla

Its new Gov code, it whistles to annoy you so you dont use it and
waste water, Just Kidding.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Hi everyone! I've enjoyed reading thru your posts and this seems like a
saavy group. Hope you don't mind if I jump in with a question.

My daughter and I installed a new faucet set in the bathroom and it
looks and works great, but whenever we turn on either water tap it
whistles. Anybody know what went wrong and/or how to quiet it down.

kukla

Make sure the shut-off valves are fully open.

Cheers,
Jim

Whistling Toilet? CWLee Home Repair 10 August 1st 07 04:14 AM
Water heating making whistling noise? [email protected] Home Ownership 2 February 19th 07 01:59 AM
Whistling Boiler TheScullster UK diy 7 May 6th 06 12:51 PM
why isnt my whistling kettle whistling anymore? ODB Home Repair 10 June 29th 05 02:14 AM
Whistling Boiler anon UK diy 4 December 2nd 03 09:55 PM