ODB

Default why isnt my whistling kettle whistling anymore?

Its only a year old, a nice stainless steel number.

Ive tried tightening to screw in the removable lid, but to no avail.

Perhaps Ive tightened it too hard?

Any ideas on this earth shattering problem?

Edwin Pawlowski

"ODB" wrote in message
Its only a year old, a nice stainless steel number.

Ive tried tightening to screw in the removable lid, but to no avail.

Perhaps Ive tightened it too hard?

Any ideas on this earth shattering problem?

The sound is made by steam passing through the whistle opening. Be sure it
is clear and did not get filled with some gunk. Clean it out with a pin or
paperclip and give it a try. Also check that it is fitting properly and the
steam is not escaping around the lid rather than through it.

Dennis Turner

On 6/25/2005 7:17 PM or thereabouts, ODB appears, somewhat unbelievably,
to have opined:

Its only a year old, a nice stainless steel number.

Ive tried tightening to screw in the removable lid, but to no avail.

Perhaps Ive tightened it too hard?

Any ideas on this earth shattering problem?

It's probably feeling depressed and therefore doesn't feel like
whistling. Perhaps it should consult a mental health professional.

--
I don't have a clue what I'm talking about.
Joseph Meehan

ODB wrote:
Its only a year old, a nice stainless steel number.

Ive tried tightening to screw in the removable lid, but to no avail.

Perhaps Ive tightened it too hard?

Any ideas on this earth shattering problem?

I have seen some get blocked with a lime type build up. Take a look and
see if you can see if something is partly blocking the vent.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

BobS

sometimes the parts get out of alignment in the whistle. loosen the screw
and see if you can turn one part to a different position to "form" the
whistle. if you look closely enough, what I am saying should make sense to
you.

Bob

"ODB" wrote in message
Its only a year old, a nice stainless steel number.

Ive tried tightening to screw in the removable lid, but to no avail.

Perhaps Ive tightened it too hard?

Any ideas on this earth shattering problem?

m Ransley

put in some water

Duane Bozarth

No wrote:

Probably lime or crud buildup. Soak the whistle part in some CLR over night.

Vinegar is nearly as effective and much cheaper..
Matt

You should take it on vacation for awhile.

I suggest going to Dixie.

Nick Hull

Its only a year old, a nice stainless steel number.

Ive tried tightening to screw in the removable lid, but to no avail.

Perhaps Ive tightened it too hard?

Any ideas on this earth shattering problem?

The whistle consists of a resonating chamber in the steam vent made
using a thin insert with a hole. If the insert falls out, no whistle.
Check to be sure the steam has to go thru 2 inline holes.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

Quickest way to boil a kettle, in a car? Tim Downie UK diy 160 October 5th 17 03:19 AM
Kettle semi-not working Arthur UK diy 6 October 7th 04 07:53 PM
Phillips Kettle Repair? BraileTrail UK diy 6 March 22nd 04 02:43 AM
Whistling Boiler anon UK diy 4 December 2nd 03 09:55 PM