Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Slower spinning maytag washer

Please help! I have a Maytag washer model #LA612. It is not spinning
as fast as it should leaving the clothes damper than they should be.
It seems worse on heavier loads especially jeans). I am noticing they
are wetter and taking longer to dry sometimes 90 mins. There is no
water in the bottom of the washer and I replaced both belts. I bought
the washer used and it seemed like it was nosier than the previous
washer I had.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Did you buy Genuine Maytag belts? They have a special coating on them.
Other belts slip. Also, check the tension springs on the motor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Please help! I have a Maytag washer model #LA612. It is not spinning
as fast as it should leaving the clothes damper than they should be.
It seems worse on heavier loads especially jeans). I am noticing they
are wetter and taking longer to dry sometimes 90 mins. There is no
water in the bottom of the washer and I replaced both belts. I bought
the washer used and it seemed like it was nosier than the previous
washer I had.

Are you sure it's spinning slow?

Is the machine level?

I have a similar problem with my old washer (wet clothes) but with my unit
the internal water shut-off is leaking. After 4-6 days of no use I usually
find a few inches of water in the tub.

You might shut-off the external water valve before the final spin cycle to
see if it makes a diff. Note some machines spray water during the spin to
further rinse the clothes.

Cheers,
Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

I HAD A OLD MAYTAG NOT WANTING TO SPIN FAST.THE BELT WAS WORN
OUT.. I PUT A MOWER BELT ON IT AND THEN IT SPUN TO FAST AND THREW THE
WATER OUT OF THE TOP..FOUND OUT THE RIGHT BELT IS MADE TO SLIP DURING
THE START OF SPINNING THEN SPEED UP AS THE WATER IS PUMPED OUT...LUCAS