Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim2009 Jim2009 is offline

Default Slower spinning maytag washer

wrote in message
Please help! I have a Maytag washer model #LA612. It is not spinning
as fast as it should leaving the clothes damper than they should be.
It seems worse on heavier loads especially jeans). I am noticing they
are wetter and taking longer to dry sometimes 90 mins. There is no
water in the bottom of the washer and I replaced both belts. I bought
the washer used and it seemed like it was nosier than the previous
washer I had.

Are you sure it's spinning slow?

Is the machine level?

I have a similar problem with my old washer (wet clothes) but with my unit
the internal water shut-off is leaking. After 4-6 days of no use I usually
find a few inches of water in the tub.

You might shut-off the external water valve before the final spin cycle to
see if it makes a diff. Note some machines spray water during the spin to
further rinse the clothes.

Cheers,
Jim