Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken[_6_] Ken[_6_] is offline

Default Slower spinning maytag washer

wrote:
Please help! I have a Maytag washer model #LA612. It is not spinning
as fast as it should leaving the clothes damper than they should be.
It seems worse on heavier loads especially jeans). I am noticing they
are wetter and taking longer to dry sometimes 90 mins. There is no
water in the bottom of the washer and I replaced both belts. I bought
the washer used and it seemed like it was nosier than the previous
washer I had.

The belts are what I would have suspected. Is there some kind of
tension device for the belts? If so, make sure the belts are tight.
Check also for any pulleys that are binding. You might also look at the
drain hose for some obstruction. If something is slowing the flow of
water out of the tub it might effect the spinning speed due to water
still being there.