Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Slight OT...Any Fiberglass Wizards Here...?

Howdy,

I am nearing the finishing stage of a fiberglass case I
built to hold an electric fiddle.

The final finish will be a coat or two of a single component
opaque urethane.

I'm in the process of smoothing the surface with a (peanut
butter consistency) mixture of epoxy with low density
fairing compound, and the resulting surface is very smooth.

Which brings me to my next step:

For the best final finish, should I do a coat of gelcoat
before painting? Or is there a better approach.

Thanks for any tips,
--
Kenneth