Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Easy Water...

Have you seen the commercial for a tankless water softener? Does it work?
Sounds like BS to me but somebody on another forum was saying it could
work..Any thoughts???

Posted to alt.home.repair

P.T. Barnum enough said

"benick" wrote in message
. ..
Have you seen the commercial for a tankless water softener? Does it work?
Sounds like BS to me but somebody on another forum was saying it could
work..Any thoughts???

Posted to alt.home.repair

benick wrote:
Have you seen the commercial for a tankless water softener? Does it
work? Sounds like BS to me but somebody on another forum was saying it
could work..Any thoughts???

You can take it from this retired research chemist, "BS."
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
benick wrote:
Have you seen the commercial for a tankless water softener? Does it work?
Sounds like BS to me but somebody on another forum was saying it could
work..Any thoughts???

You can take it from this retired research chemist, "BS."

As I thought..Thanks for the replies...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 23:47:06 -0500, benick wrote:
Have you seen the commercial for a tankless water softener? Does it work?
Sounds like BS to me but somebody on another forum was saying it could
work..Any thoughts???

I Looked it up. It's a coil of wire put around a waterpipe. It's utter
rubbish, reminiscent of automotive fuel magnets.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 11:33:05 -0500, benick wrote:

"Frank" wrote in message
benick wrote:
Have you seen the commercial for a tankless water softener? Does it work?
Sounds like BS to me but somebody on another forum was saying it could
work..Any thoughts???

You can take it from this retired research chemist, "BS."

As I thought..Thanks for the replies...

I find it stunningly amazing that you even had to ask. What the ****
did you think it could do? Magically remove minerals and other
impurities into the wrapped wire to be dumped down the line cord? Make
the impurities simply vanish? Turn into harmless foofoo powder?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 09:42:16 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:
On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 00:34:31 -0700, "nefletch" wrote:

P.T. Barnum enough said

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There%2...n_every_minute

and it is a sin to let a sucker keep his money
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
benick wrote:
Have you seen the commercial for a tankless water softener? Does it work?
Sounds like BS to me but somebody on another forum was saying it could
work..Any thoughts???
You can take it from this retired research chemist, "BS."

As I thought..Thanks for the replies...

I find it stunningly amazing that you even had to ask. What the ****
did you think it could do? Magically remove minerals and other
impurities into the wrapped wire to be dumped down the line cord? Make
the impurities simply vanish? Turn into harmless foofoo powder?

There is much fraud out there packaged attractively to consumers.
Authorities only go after those aggressively that cause people harm.
The power of magnets to soften water, get better gas mileage or relieve
pain is one of those. Most people are not technical people and it is
good to ask before getting sucked into these schemes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
benick wrote:
Have you seen the commercial for a tankless water softener? Does it
work?
Sounds like BS to me but somebody on another forum was saying it could
work..Any thoughts???

You can take it from this retired research chemist, "BS."

As I thought..Thanks for the replies...

I find it stunningly amazing that you even had to ask. What the ****
did you think it could do? Magically remove minerals and other
impurities into the wrapped wire to be dumped down the line cord? Make
the impurities simply vanish? Turn into harmless foofoo powder?

I DIDN'T think it would work you stupid ****stick...I was looking to settle
an argument on another forum and if your head wasn't buried so far up your
ass you would seen that in my original post...Assclown....

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
benick wrote:
Have you seen the commercial for a tankless water softener? Does it
work?
Sounds like BS to me but somebody on another forum was saying it could
work..Any thoughts???

You can take it from this retired research chemist, "BS."

As I thought..Thanks for the replies...

I find it stunningly amazing that you even had to ask. What the ****
did you think it could do? Magically remove minerals and other
impurities into the wrapped wire to be dumped down the line cord? Make
the impurities simply vanish? Turn into harmless foofoo powder?

I DIDN'T think it would work you stupid ****stick...I was looking to settle
an argument on another forum and if your head wasn't buried so far up your
ass you would seen that in my original post...Assclown....

And you couldn't figure out on your own that it was bull****?

Stunningly amazing stupidity on your part.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
benick wrote:
[...]

Flamer to boot. Now he's plonked as far as I'm concerned.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
benick wrote:
[...]

As are you..I didn't flame..I just responded in kind...I don't want

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hey !!! It works as good as those magnets I put on my gas line to keep
that dirty gas out of my carburetor on my bicycle.

Jr

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974Tryke

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 13:44:41 -0500, Frank wrote:
There is much fraud out there packaged attractively to consumers.
Authorities only go after those aggressively that cause people harm.
The power of magnets to soften water, get better gas mileage or relieve
pain is one of those. Most people are not technical people and it is
good to ask before getting sucked into these schemes.

a fool and his money are soon parted

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 20:00:46 -0500, Jerry - OHIO wrote:
Hey !!! It works as good as those magnets I put on my gas line to keep
that dirty gas out of my carburetor on my bicycle.

Yeah, but do they work as good as a thousand dollar power cord?
http://www.psaudio.com/ps/products/d...-sc?cat=cables

Or a $6000 power strip? http://www.decibelgarden.com/TARALABS-POWERCS.html

Even Denon has jumped into the cable scam industry. How about a $500
ethernet cable? http://www.usa.denon.com/productdetails/3429.asp