Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What type of gauge to pressure check black gas pipe.

I will be adding a tee and run into my gas lines.
I was planning on a pressure test and soap test.

I have a gauge that I used for co2 I guess this will also work? It
is from 0-60psi
Posted to alt.home.repair

"theedudenator" wrote in message
I will be adding a tee and run into my gas lines.
I was planning on a pressure test and soap test.

I have a gauge that I used for co2 I guess this will also work? It
is from 0-60psi

That will work fine. Where I am , they want the test at 15 psi. It should hold
that. Be careful to turn off gas to any appliances first. They cannot handle
that pressure.
You could even loosen a union between each appliance and its valve if there is
any chance the valve could leak.

Posted to alt.home.repair

theedudenator wrote:
I will be adding a tee and run into my gas lines.
I was planning on a pressure test and soap test.

I have a gauge that I used for co2 I guess this will also work? It
is from 0-60psi

You should be using a gage that reads to around 5 psi and is readable
in units of 1/10 psi.

Here's one description of the procedure
http://books.google.com/books?id=9Gp...sult#PPA116,M1.
Check your local codes to be sure of the correct requirements for your
area.

Note--gas valves are intended for low pressures--if you run the
pressure up too high they may leak even though there's nothing wrong
with them.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
theedudenator wrote:
I will be adding a tee and run into my gas lines.
I was planning on a pressure test and soap test.

I have a gauge that I used for co2 I guess this will also work? It
is from 0-60psi

You should be using a gage that reads to around 5 psi and is readable
in units of 1/10 psi.

Here's one description of the procedure
http://books.google.com/books?id=9Gp...sult#PPA116,M1.

My gas inspector required a 15 psi test.

Black Pipe pressure test - lost 0.5 PSI Over night D J Home Repair 5 May 12th 08 02:19 AM
Black Pipe pressure test - lost 0.5 PSI Over night D J Home Repair 0 May 11th 08 04:40 PM
low water pressure gauge ironer UK diy 2 November 3rd 06 02:38 PM
What's 0 on boiler pressure gauge mean? Set Square UK diy 17 January 9th 06 11:06 AM