Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher problems

We have a Maytag tall tub dishwasher that we bought in July 2007.
About a month ago, I noticed that the "clean" LED would sometimes
not light up and sometimes light up dimly. The problem got worse
and the "wash" and "dry" LED's also stopped lighting up. About a
week after the problem started, the three LED's never lit up at all.

Today, I was unable to get the dishwasher to start washing at all.
When I pressed the "start/cancel" button some of the other LED's
light would light up very dimly but the dishwasher would not start.

Could it be possible for me to fix the dishwasher by taking the door
apart, unplugging and then re-plugging all the connectors? Thank
you in advance for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Daniel Prince" wrote in message

Could it be possible for me to fix the dishwasher by taking the door
apart, unplugging and then re-plugging all the connectors? Thank
you in advance for all replies.

Possible, but I doubt it. You can also try disconnecting and reconnecting
the power, but I doubt that will help. My guess is the control circuit is
dead and probably needs an expensive repair. The boards run from $85 to
$150 it seems.
Check here www.repairclinic.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 3, 7:56*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Daniel Prince" wrote in message

Could it be possible for me to fix the dishwasher by taking the door
apart, unplugging and then re-plugging all the connectors? *Thank
you in advance for all replies.

Possible, but I doubt it. You can also try disconnecting and reconnecting
the power, but I doubt that will help. *My guess is the control circuit is
dead and probably needs an expensive repair. *The boards run from $85 to
$150 it seems.
Check here *www.repairclinic.com

Could also be water has gotten inside the door and if you're lucky,
taking it apart, drying it out, resealing, etc could work. But if
you have to order a circuit board of similar, it becomes very
problematic. If you DIY, it could be cost effective to fix, but
unless the component can be 100% identified as failed, you can wind up
buying a non-returnable part and not solving it. And to call a
repair service costs so much that it usually makes more sense to get a
new one, unless it's a very expensive one.

More dishwasher problems! Jmorg UK diy 3 April 19th 06 01:44 PM
Dishwasher problems as well! Jmorg UK diy 3 April 10th 06 11:56 AM
Bosch dishwasher problems.... Adrian Brentnall UK diy 18 May 26th 05 11:46 AM
GE Dishwasher problems Derek Home Repair 2 April 17th 04 09:59 PM
dishwasher problems Angela UK diy 14 July 16th 03 10:22 PM