Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Good Customer Service at HD today

Had a few Christmas returns so took them to the return register at the local
Home Depot (in Cobb County, Georgia). There were a few transactions ahead of
me-- but the problematic one was the Mexicans trying to return an open
half-package of shingles and an open half-bag of Portland cement....los
hombres no hablan ingles...

But anyway, a clerk was not busy at the customer service counter nearby, saw
that things were jammed at the return register-- and signaled me to come to
her counter. I was out of there in two minutes. Nice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sharp Dressed Man wrote:
Had a few Christmas returns so took them to the return register at the local
Home Depot (in Cobb County, Georgia). There were a few transactions ahead of
me-- but the problematic one was the Mexicans trying to return an open
half-package of shingles and an open half-bag of Portland cement....los
hombres no hablan ingles...

But anyway, a clerk was not busy at the customer service counter nearby, saw
that things were jammed at the return register-- and signaled me to come to
her counter. I was out of there in two minutes. Nice.

That is strange- all the big-boxes I walk through, even here in the
frozen north, have all the signs in English and Spanish. Including the
ones about what can and cannot be returned.

I just came back from my annual trip to Louisiana, and had occasion to
visit the Lowes and HD down there multiple times. Heard more Spanish
than English, every time...

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Sharp Dressed Man" wrote in message
Had a few Christmas returns so took them to the return register at the
local Home Depot (in Cobb County, Georgia). There were a few transactions
ahead of me-- but the problematic one was the Mexicans trying to return an
open half-package of shingles and an open half-bag of Portland
cement....los hombres no hablan ingles...

But anyway, a clerk was not busy at the customer service counter nearby,
saw that things were jammed at the return register-- and signaled me to
come to her counter. I was out of there in two minutes. Nice.

I know that there are a lot of complaints about Big Orange floating around
the boards. Heck, pretty much the same issues of product quality and
staffing can be attributed to any of the Big Box stores. I figure that it's
the nature of the beast and you deal with it in any way that you see fit.
That said (whew, sorry), we just heard today that the local HD is closing
its doors. It's the only one within an hour or more in any direction so
it's not like they have too many in our neck of the woods (southcentral PA).
OTOH, there are Lowe's scaattered all over. I guess they just outperformed
HD although, I can't imagine there's much difference. This one always
seemed to be busy too. At this particular store the CS dept was far more
helpful than either of the Lowe's. Go figure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"C & E" wrote

I know that there are a lot of complaints about Big Orange floating around
the boards. Heck, pretty much the same issues of product quality and
staffing can be attributed to any of the Big Box stores. I figure that
it's the nature of the beast and you deal with it in any way that you see
fit. That said (whew, sorry), we just heard today that the local HD is
closing its doors. It's the only one within an hour or more in any
direction so it's not like they have too many in our neck of the woods
(southcentral PA).

It may be a supply issue where it costs more to stock the one all by itself
as opposed to places where there are lots of them (so 1 truck can hit
several with the same type of supply).

OTOH, there are Lowe's scaattered all over. I guess they just
outperformed HD although, I can't imagine there's much difference. This
one always seemed to be busy too. At this particular store the CS dept
was far more helpful than either of the Lowe's. Go figure.

Expect to see the better ones drifting over to the local Lowes (grin).
Happened here when a big box type place subsumed to the HQ/Lowes combo (it's
now a Sams club).

Good customer service - Caswell Plating etcetera _[_2_] Metalworking 0 May 28th 08 07:31 PM
Wow - good customer service somebody UK diy 1 April 11th 08 01:32 PM
Good Customer Service 10x Woodworking 1 July 11th 07 03:14 PM
Good Customer Service Howard Woodworking 0 December 21st 05 10:43 PM
[OT] Good customer service Rod Hewitt UK diy 2 January 13th 05 10:57 AM