Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why are ceiling lights flashing?

In my sun room I have 4 recessed lights with 75 or 100 watt bulbs. These
are connected to a dimmer. In the winter months, I have a cigar out
there, and have a 1500 watt quartz heater in front of me, a box fan in the
window, and a small fan blowing the smoke towards the box fan. Last week
when I turned off the heater, the lights brightened as they normally do,
but all 4 lights began flashing like a strobe light. Now the problem is
intermittent. The other night the lights would flash, then stop when I
turned on the heater. I believe I need to replace the dimmer with a higher
wattage type. I've read that 600 watts is standard. Do you think that
will stop the lights from flashing?

-Thanks