Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
outofthewoods

Default Flashing lights?

In my home we have a light bulb on the landing that can be activated by a
switch at the bottom of the stairs or at the top. For the last year we
have had to make sure that the light is switched off by using the same
switch that switched it on . If you switch it on down stairs and then off
upstairs after nine seconds it gives a flash of light and continues to do
so until someone (usually me) has to switch it back on and then go down
stairs and switch it off .
Its almost as if there is a capacitor in the circuit, or some kind of
leakage, I tried changing bulbs, and have now got an energy saving bulb in
it but it is just the same result.
Can anyone think of a reason for this The switches seem to be in good
repair.
There has to be an answer to this, I just cant think of it yet.
Thanks chris