Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drain lever in bath won't stay all the way open

Hello folks. In my bath/shower, when I flip the lever to open the
drain, it pops back up a bit which leaves the drain partially closed
and slows the flow of water down the drain. Any idea how to fix
this? I flipped it opened then closed a bunch of times hoping that
would fix it, but it didn't. It's a standard bath tub/shower,
installed in the late 70s.

Thanks for any suggestions.....

Mike

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mike" wrote in message

Hello folks. �In my bath/shower, when I flip the lever to open the
drain, it pops back up a bit which leaves the drain partially closed
and slows the flow of water down the drain. �Any idea how to fix
this? �I flipped it opened then closed a bunch of times hoping that
would fix it, but it didn't. �It's a standard bath tub/shower,
installed in the late 70s.

Thanks for any suggestions.....

Mike

yeah just replace it mine did that parts were badly worn, its a easy
fix
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mike" wrote in message

Hello folks. In my bath/shower, when I flip the lever to open the
drain, it pops back up a bit which leaves the drain partially closed
and slows the flow of water down the drain. Any idea how to fix
this? I flipped it opened then closed a bunch of times hoping that
would fix it, but it didn't. It's a standard bath tub/shower,
installed in the late 70s.

Thanks for any suggestions.....

Mike

yeah just replace it mine did that parts were badly worn, its a easy
fix

Just got around to fixing this minor problem as well. I removed the
old "Trip Lever Overflow Plate Assembly" and took it with me to Home
Depot. Found the universal replacement and installed it. Works like
a charm. Gotta love a day off when you can get a few lingering
projects done!

Mike
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message
[...]

Indeed. Problem is I haven't gone to work in almost two weeks and i
still have lots of projects to do

On the upside, the house *is* cleaner, more organized, etc. and I've
done a lot towards getting both my car and truck "long trip roadworthy."

If I could get a whole month off, I might actually get caught up...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel