Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Btahtub drain lever is stuck

Suddenly I cannot move the lever that moves the plug to keep the water
in the tub. It is completely stuck and I cannot move it up or down.
How do I fix this? Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

take trim off the overflow. I'm thinking its a mechanicl waste and the
rocker arm has now gotten stuck in the actuator
"DMD31842" wrote in message
Suddenly I cannot move the lever that moves the plug to keep the water
in the tub. It is completely stuck and I cannot move it up or down.
How do I fix this? Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DMD31842" wrote in message
Suddenly I cannot move the lever that moves the plug to keep the water
in the tub. It is completely stuck and I cannot move it up or down.
How do I fix this? Thanks

I had this problem recently in a rental that had sat for a while empty. I
took the trim off around the lever and sprayed a lot of WD40 down the hole.
Then I used a big screwdriver as a pry bar and pried the mechanism up and
broke it loose. Then I lubed it well and reassembled everything.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oh, fasten your seat belts. This is gonna be a humdinger of a thread. The
guy says he LUBED with WD-40. OK, folks, line up on one side of this chalk
line or the other. Guys who say WD is a lubricant on this side points and
guys who say it's a water repellant on the other side points. Now all you
guys listen to this guy in the zebra shirt, as he explains the rules.

ahem Thanks, Chris. Now, guys, I want a nice clean flamewar. Now, when I
blow this whistle, I want you to, yes, I do mean this whistle. OK, I was
saying, now when I blow this whistl^&(&*(*(& cough, cough WTF you mean by
making me EAT the whistle? Yeah, I know you're six foot five and..... I'm
out of here! Chris, you deal with this!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus (who said not to make referees eat their whistles:
Referee 3:16)
www.lds.org
..

"Pat" wrote in message
ny...

"DMD31842" wrote in message
Suddenly I cannot move the lever that moves the plug to keep the water
in the tub. It is completely stuck and I cannot move it up or down.
How do I fix this? Thanks

I had this problem recently in a rental that had sat for a while empty. I
took the trim off around the lever and sprayed a lot of WD40 down the hole.
Then I used a big screwdriver as a pry bar and pried the mechanism up and
broke it loose. Then I lubed it well and reassembled everything.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

Oh, fasten your seat belts. This is gonna be a humdinger of a thread.
The guy says he LUBED with WD-40. OK, folks, line up on one side of
this chalk line or the other. Guys who say WD is a lubricant on this
side points and guys who say it's a water repellant on the other
side points. Now all you guys listen to this guy in the zebra shirt,
as he explains the rules.

ahem Thanks, Chris. Now, guys, I want a nice clean flamewar. Now,
when I blow this whistle, I want you to, yes, I do mean this whistle.
OK, I was saying, now when I blow this whistl^&(&*(*(& cough, cough
WTF you mean by making me EAT the whistle? Yeah, I know you're six
foot five and..... I'm out of here! Chris, you deal with this!

The guy says he LUBED with WD-40.

Nope. He said he "sprayed a lot of WD40 down the hole."

Then he said after he got it loose he "lubed it well and reassembled
everything." Didn't say with what.

But your reply was entertaining :-)

Stuck drain cock hzatph UK diy 7 October 16th 06 12:47 PM
Remove rusted screw from bath tub overflow/drain stop lever plate Retired home maker Home Repair 1 October 12th 06 10:24 PM
Stuck drain valve [email protected] Home Repair 1 October 3rd 06 10:19 PM
Is it possible to replace twist-drain with trip lever? [email protected] Home Repair 2 July 24th 06 07:58 PM
Drain Rod Stuck - Any Ideas? velodocuk UK diy 23 April 8th 05 10:04 PM