Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Me DG window won't stay open

keeps shutting every time a gust of wind gets up,is there a stiffner
adjustment on DG windows?

Its a 50/50 top opening
Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 25 May 2008 16:20:43 +0000, George wrote:

keeps shutting every time a gust of wind gets up,is there a stiffner
adjustment on DG windows?

Its a 50/50 top opening
Thanks

Usually there's a friction adjustment on the slider - often it just shows
as the head a small brass grub screw.

Tweak it a fraction of a turn tighter - until it's loose enough to open
easily but tight enough to not blow shut.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"PCPaul" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 May 2008 16:20:43 +0000, George wrote:

keeps shutting every time a gust of wind gets up,is there a stiffner
adjustment on DG windows?

Its a 50/50 top opening
Thanks

Usually there's a friction adjustment on the slider - often it just shows
as the head a small brass grub screw.

Tweak it a fraction of a turn tighter - until it's loose enough to open
easily but tight enough to not blow shut.

Ta.

Just behind the lever arms on both sides,little brass screws. ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 25 May 2008 17:13:59 +0000, George wrote:

"PCPaul" wrote in message

Usually there's a friction adjustment on the slider - often it just
shows as the head a small brass grub screw.

Tweak it a fraction of a turn tighter - until it's loose enough to open
easily but tight enough to not blow shut.

Ta.

Just behind the lever arms on both sides,little brass screws. ;-)

Wahey, I guessed right! ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to PCPaul, Rich wrote:
Just want to thank you guys for your replies. great help

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...en-481269-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to PCPaul, Rich wrote:
Just want to thank you guys for your replies. great help

Better never than quite_this_late.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes today is yesterdays tomorrow as they say.
Clear as a patch of poo in a muddy stream in the dark.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Graham." wrote in message
replying to PCPaul, Rich wrote:
Just want to thank you guys for your replies. great help

Better never than quite_this_late.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yesterday is today's tomorrow of course.
You know what for some reason the message I thought I'd sent here got tome
back on email and the one I sent to myself got here. I blame the hot
weather.
Brian

--
----- --

"Rich" m wrote in message
replying to PCPaul, Rich wrote:
Just want to thank you guys for your replies. great help

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...en-481269-.htm

Velux Windows won't stay open joelinbristol UK diy 5 September 6th 20 02:30 AM
Window stay GB UK diy 4 May 2nd 07 11:32 PM
Window Will Not Stay Up [email protected] Home Repair 4 May 31st 06 05:08 AM
Fix/Replace bath tub drain -- doesn't stay open Alex Home Repair 3 December 21st 05 02:06 AM
Double-Hung Spring-Loaded Windows Won't Stay Open or Closed Jason Roberts Home Repair 5 March 19th 05 10:21 PM