Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ramset Loads Which one to use????

I need to attach a couple of 2X4's to a cement wall in the basement and I'm
planning to buy the HD22 Ramset (hammer driven 22 cal. single shot , the 20
dollar cheapo) and am very confused as to which load to use to drive the 2
1/2'' pins ...Yellow,brown or green????? The 2X4's will only be supporting a
2 1/2 inch drain pipe for washer over to the septic line if that makes a
difference....Thanks for any help...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 27, 5:57*pm, "benick" wrote:
I need to attach a couple of 2X4's to a cement wall in the basement and I'm
planning to buy the HD22 Ramset (hammer driven 22 cal. single shot , the 20
dollar cheapo) and am very confused as to which load to use to drive the 2
1/2'' pins ...Yellow,brown or green????? The 2X4's will only be supporting a
2 1/2 inch drain pipe for washer over to the septic line if that makes a
difference....Thanks for any help...

I would suggest a rotary hammer & some 1/4" quik-bolts (or equal
wedge anchors).

Powder actuated fasteners have their use but imo in this sortof
application more trouble than their worth.

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 27, 8:57*pm, "benick" wrote:
I need to attach a couple of 2X4's to a cement wall in the basement and I'm
planning to buy the HD22 Ramset (hammer driven 22 cal. single shot , the 20
dollar cheapo) and am very confused as to which load to use to drive the 2
1/2'' pins ...Yellow,brown or green????? The 2X4's will only be supporting a
2 1/2 inch drain pipe for washer over to the septic line if that makes a
difference....Thanks for any help...

For that size pin in cement, use yellow.
RW
Posted to alt.home.repair

benick wrote:

I need to attach a couple of 2X4's to a cement wall in the basement and I'm
planning to buy the HD22 Ramset (hammer driven 22 cal. single shot , the 20
dollar cheapo) and am very confused as to which load to use to drive the 2
1/2'' pins ...Yellow,brown or green????? The 2X4's will only be supporting a
2 1/2 inch drain pipe for washer over to the septic line if that makes a
difference....Thanks for any help...

Yellow is typically good. If you just rent a good Hilti nailgun for the
day (DX36M is nice), you get the advantages of a trigger gun, adjustable
pressure so you can dial in the proper drive level, and quieter
operation.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"BobK207" wrote in message
On Nov 27, 5:57 pm, "benick" wrote:
I need to attach a couple of 2X4's to a cement wall in the basement and
I'm
planning to buy the HD22 Ramset (hammer driven 22 cal. single shot , the
20
dollar cheapo) and am very confused as to which load to use to drive the 2
1/2'' pins ...Yellow,brown or green????? The 2X4's will only be supporting
2 1/2 inch drain pipe for washer over to the septic line if that makes a
difference....Thanks for any help...

I would suggest a rotary hammer & some 1/4" quik-bolts (or equal
wedge anchors).

Powder actuated fasteners have their use but imo in this sortof
application more trouble than their worth.

cheers
Bob

If I had a rotary hammer or could afford one right now I wouldn't be asking
about Ramset loads for a cheap $20. Ramset at HD...And yes I know about
rentals but it's an hour drive one way to the nearest tool rental place and
15 minutes to HD who no longer rents tools for some reason..Atleast the one
near me doesn't anymore...All I need to do is run a couple of 2X4's on the
flat down the wall to the sewer pipe to attach an inch and a half PVC drain
pipe to and if it needs a couple of legs down to the floor to help support
it I'll put them on...I have plenty of scrap around and not much money right
now and need it done this weekend so SWMBO can do laundry as the cellar
drain can't handle it anymore and floods the cellar. Running it into the
septic would bring me up to the new code for Maine as well....Stupid law I
know but that is another story...LOL...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

benick wrote:

I need to attach a couple of 2X4's to a cement wall in the basement and
I'm
planning to buy the HD22 Ramset (hammer driven 22 cal. single shot , the
20
dollar cheapo) and am very confused as to which load to use to drive the
2
1/2'' pins ...Yellow,brown or green????? The 2X4's will only be
supporting a
2 1/2 inch drain pipe for washer over to the septic line if that makes a
difference....Thanks for any help...

Yellow is typically good. If you just rent a good Hilti nailgun for the
day (DX36M is nice), you get the advantages of a trigger gun, adjustable
pressure so you can dial in the proper drive level, and quieter
operation.

Yellow it is...Thanks everyone......If I wasn't laid off right now I could
just bring one home from work...I work for a drywall co. and we have several
Hiltis for the steele framers...I tape so I don't use them as you can
probably tell.......LOL....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 27, 7:33*pm, "benick" wrote:
"BobK207" wrote in message

On Nov 27, 5:57 pm, "benick" wrote:

[...]

Sorry for the non-responsive answer. Too bad about lack of rental
availability.

I figured if you were asking about which loads to use, you probably
had little or no experience with powder actuated fasteners & were
safer with a drill.

Maybe one of the steel installers or a co-worker with access to the
tool could do a couple shots for you as a favor?

cheers
Bob