Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Nighthawk C.O. detectors ++++++

I must give praise when it is due...since my home is just about total
natural gas I had 6 CO detectors in different areas of my house....2 of them
were 2 years old...1 I was having problems replacing batteries every 3
months (should have lasted much longer) the are 110vac powered, however for
emergency a 9 volt battery is used.
The other was a CO and explosive gas detector (2 in one) that was doing
great for 2 years, however it gave me an error message that told me to
contact the Nighthawk company.
I called Nighthawk's customer service and explained the problems with my 2
detectors, after asking for the inormation listed on the
detectors...date..serial# etc.
told me they would send me 2 new like detectors.
In 5 days I had the new detectors in my hands from Nighthawk.....
In this day and age of unreliable customer service, I think it is
commendable of Nighthawk...there are other companies out there that have
great service also, and I surely think we should know about them when their
service excells

NIGHTHAWK C.O. DETECTOR (**********) 10 star rating in my book

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim C wrote:

[...]

Good to know customer service still exists. Those combo CO/Gas detectors
are great in my book. A gas leak isn't going to trip a smoke or CO
detector, but it sure is one hell of a hazard. If more people had gas
detectors I suspect a lot of lives and homes would be saved. Gas
detectors are standard equipment in RVs, kind of surprising that RV
standards would be ahead of residential standards.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I know there have been fires and deaths due to explosive gas igniting, but I
think if I had to bet on it I'd bet there are many more deaths due to fires
related to electrical issues and other ignition points than gas leaks. How
many times have we heard of deaths in fires where the standard smoke
detectors were inoperative.

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Jim C wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mark wrote:

I know there have been fires and deaths due to explosive gas igniting, but I
think if I had to bet on it I'd bet there are many more deaths due to fires
related to electrical issues and other ignition points than gas leaks. How
many times have we heard of deaths in fires where the standard smoke
detectors were inoperative.

Yes, none of them will do any good if they are not maintained. On the
electrical thing, we've gone from fuses to circuit breakers to ground
fault circuit interrupters and now arc fault circuit interrupters. My
point is that everyone knows they are supposed to have smoke detectors,
and they know they should have CO detectors if they have combustion
appliances, but few people think about gas detectors if they have gas
appliances.

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...