Posted to alt.home.repair

Default water line to refrigerator

Two of my tennants are receiving new refrigerators for Christmas. I'm
struggling with what kind of line to run on one of the houses (the other is
not a problem) due to the possibility of freezing in the crawl space. What
material, pex, soft copper, braided rubber hose, etc. would be best for a
place where it *might* freeze?

steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve Barker DLT wrote:

Two of my tennants are receiving new refrigerators for Christmas. I'm
struggling with what kind of line to run on one of the houses (the other is
not a problem) due to the possibility of freezing in the crawl space. What
material, pex, soft copper, braided rubber hose, etc. would be best for a
place where it *might* freeze?

steve

I'd go with PEX, it's pretty stretchy stuff. I'd also fish it through
some of the foam insulation tube for extra protection.
Posted to alt.home.repair

You better wrap with heat tape on copper if there is a freeze zone.
I lernt the hard way with a braided hose.
Jr