DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   water line to refrigerator (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/265702-water-line-refrigerator.html)

Steve Barker DLT November 27th 08 12:17 AM

water line to refrigerator

Two of my tennants are receiving new refrigerators for Christmas. I'm
struggling with what kind of line to run on one of the houses (the other is
not a problem) due to the possibility of freezing in the crawl space. What
material, pex, soft copper, braided rubber hose, etc. would be best for a
place where it *might* freeze?

steve

Pete C. November 27th 08 02:31 AM

water line to refrigerator

Steve Barker DLT wrote:

Two of my tennants are receiving new refrigerators for Christmas. I'm
struggling with what kind of line to run on one of the houses (the other is
not a problem) due to the possibility of freezing in the crawl space. What
material, pex, soft copper, braided rubber hose, etc. would be best for a
place where it *might* freeze?

steve

I'd go with PEX, it's pretty stretchy stuff. I'd also fish it through
some of the foam insulation tube for extra protection.

Jerry - OHIO November 27th 08 07:34 AM

water line to refrigerator

You better wrap with heat tape on copper if there is a freeze zone.
I lernt the hard way with a braided hose.
Jr