Posted to alt.home.repair

Default LP Tanks

DOT cylinders up through 420 lb can be placed adjacent to a structure
but a 125 gal or less ASME tank has to be 10 ft from a structure
according to NFPA 58. Other than the 12 year inspection interval is
there any reason to use ASME tanks instead of DOT cylinders when space
is limited?

Boden
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 22, 2:50*am, Boden wrote:
DOT cylinders up through 420 lb can be placed adjacent to a structure
but a 125 gal or less ASME tank has to be 10 ft from a structure
according to NFPA 58. *Other than the 12 year inspection interval is
there any reason to use ASME tanks instead of DOT cylinders when space
is limited?

Boden

Considering the tank pressures possible will answer your question.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Boden" wrote in message
DOT cylinders up through 420 lb can be placed adjacent to a structure but
a 125 gal or less ASME tank has to be 10 ft from a structure according to
NFPA 58. Other than the 12 year inspection interval is there any reason
to use ASME tanks instead of DOT cylinders when space is limited?

Boden

The 12 year interval is the reason. Every 12 years you will have to
purchase a new tank. The old tank may be difficult to get rid of. You may
be required to cut it in half to scrap it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Boden" wrote in message
DOT cylinders up through 420 lb can be placed adjacent to a structure but
a 125 gal or less ASME tank has to be 10 ft from a structure according to
NFPA 58. Other than the 12 year inspection interval is there any reason
to use ASME tanks instead of DOT cylinders when space is limited?

Boden

I recently had a situation with my insurance company on our cabin. They
said they wanted the firewood removed from under the porch, and the propane
tank moved.

Voila! Photoshop!

They approved me, and never set foot on site. I know you want to be safe,
but there is such thing as overkill.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

"Boden" wrote in message
DOT cylinders up through 420 lb can be placed adjacent to a structure but
a 125 gal or less ASME tank has to be 10 ft from a structure according to
NFPA 58. Other than the 12 year inspection interval is there any reason
to use ASME tanks instead of DOT cylinders when space is limited?

Boden

I recently had a situation with my insurance company on our cabin. They
said they wanted the firewood removed from under the porch, and the propane
tank moved.

Voila! Photoshop!

They approved me, and never set foot on site. I know you want to be safe,
but there is such thing as overkill.

Steve

Of course, if you ever have a claim they will deny payment

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

"Boden" wrote in message
DOT cylinders up through 420 lb can be placed adjacent to a structure
but
a 125 gal or less ASME tank has to be 10 ft from a structure according
NFPA 58. *Other than the 12 year inspection interval is there any
reason
to use ASME tanks instead of DOT cylinders when space is limited?

Boden

I recently had a situation with my insurance company on our cabin. *They
said they wanted the firewood removed from under the porch, and the
propane
tank moved.

Voila! *Photoshop!

They approved me, and never set foot on site. *I know you want to be
safe,
but there is such thing as overkill.

Steve

Of course, if you ever have a claim they will deny payment

Why? *The porch was cleaned out underneath, and the tank relocated to an
easier place to refill that's 75' from the cabin.

Steve

They will 'lose' the latest photos and deny your claim on the basis of
their earlier records. To be safe, demand a new on site inspection.
Clerical help in most big companies today is rather abysmal, so keep
your documentation up to date and bullet proof. HTH

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

According to your post, you used digital manipulation to lie to your
insurance provider. The implicating being, that you didn't make the changes
you said you did.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message

I recently had a situation with my insurance company on our cabin. They
said they wanted the firewood removed from under the porch, and the
propane
tank moved.

Voila! Photoshop!

They approved me, and never set foot on site. I know you want to be
safe,
but there is such thing as overkill.

Steve

Of course, if you ever have a claim they will deny payment

Why? The porch was cleaned out underneath, and the tank relocated to an
easier place to refill that's 75' from the cabin.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Claude Hopper" wrote:
Overkill? They are safety psychotics now a days especially insurance
companies. Ever look at the stickers and signs in a step ladder? You'll
probably have to pass a written and practical test and get a license to
run a step ladder soon. This moronic country has gone off the deep end.

Claude, I don't think there will ever be a day when an old-fashioned wooden
ladder, when used properly, will come under suspicion. I think nowadays
most people have a problem with the new "high capacity" ladders, which have
their origin as siege weapons designed to kill large numbers of people, and
the modern "semi-automatic" ladders that cause so much pain and misery in
our civilization.

I know you are probably one of those crazy people who cling to their ladders
and bibles, but let's be realistic here, the average person has no need for
a ladder, especially the types I listed above. Most reasonable and logical
people will naturally understand that we need to reduce the number of
ladders in our society, at the very least to help us protect our children.

We live in a modern society, far removed from a time when a man needed a
ladder, and you should just call a licensed contractor, who is a trained
professional, to deal with any situation which requires the use of a ladder.

How many more children need to die mercilessly at the hands of civilian
"handymen" with their ladders of destruction?

BAN LADDERS NOW - DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN!

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 22, 10:42�pm, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:
"Boden" wrote in message

DOT cylinders up through 420 lb can be placed adjacent to a structure but
a 125 gal or less ASME tank has to be 10 ft from a structure according to
NFPA 58. �Other than the 12 year inspection interval is there any reason
to use ASME tanks instead of DOT cylinders when space is limited?

Boden

I recently had a situation with my insurance company on our cabin. �They
said they wanted the firewood removed from under the porch, and the propane
tank moved.

Voila! �Photoshop!

They approved me, and never set foot on site. �I know you want to be safe,
but there is such thing as overkill.

Steve

if you have a claim, even if the fire wasnt caused by the too close
tank or firewood under porch they can disown your claim completely.

might even put you in jail for insurance fraud

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jon Danniken wrote in :

"Claude Hopper" wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your support.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jon Danniken wrote:
"Claude Hopper" wrote:

[...]

Spoken like a true liberal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Boden" wrote in message
[...]

Try to follow me. If there were a fire, visual inspection would reveal the
tank is a safe distance from the cabin, and there was no combustible storage
under the porch. As of right now, things are safe, and the cabin is secure.
I'm going to "demand" a safety inspector come out and go through everything,
knowing that a good inspector can always discover something?

Yeah, right.

Steve

Underground oil tanks Bob Home Repair 8 July 29th 08 02:05 PM
Gas Tanks... [email protected] Home Repair 12 June 21st 06 04:01 PM
bladder tanks-how many Donny Home Repair 0 May 23rd 06 03:13 AM
Anywhere to buy air compressor tanks? knob Metalworking 22 August 15th 04 08:53 PM
Oil tanks AlanA7193 Home Ownership 4 March 3rd 04 02:11 PM