Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Two part valve wrench Question

http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com...21.html?ref=42

I got something like that at Harbor freight. The rectangle slot is good for
gas shut offs. But then, a large crescrent wrench or near to any size of
pipe wrench works fine.

The part that slips down a hole, to rotate the top of the controlling shaft.
I havn't found any valves around me that are suitable size. The one under my
trailer is far too small, this (below) valve
wrench won't go into the tube. Much the same with the residential water shut
off near me.

Anyone used one of these to slip the forked tongue into a hole and operate a
valve? Where are you? And what kind of valve? I've been wondering. I sure
don't find that kind of valve around here. Or is that kind of valve used for
commercial buildings?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus