Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drill a hole in concrete block wall for a 1/2" PVC pipe

I would like to drill a hole through my 8" concrete block wall to pass a
1/2" schedule 40 PVC pipe through from the outdoor to the inside courtyard
area to continue the sprinkler branch.

Problem is I have a 9/16" hammer drill, I don't have a mean heavy duty
demolition hammer drill.

I believe a 1/2" niminal PVC pipe has an outside diameter a little bigger
than 3/4". Is there a masonry bit longer than 8" and wider than 3/4" that
could be used for my hammer drill? Or do I need to rent a big one from the
tool store just for one hole?

If there is not one big enough, is there something else I can do to get
around this - for example, using 1/2" CPVC - those are much skinnier and if
I can just use that for the stretch through the block...don't know, probably
not a good idea.

Thanks,

MC